Net Rankings Feb 8 | Syracusefan.com

Net Rankings Feb 8

Orangezoo

In the wind
So I'm beginning to think the NET has some weird flaws. Notre Dame was in the high 70s just a few weeks ago and now is above us at 54. We sit at 65 dropping one after last nights win .

Overall everyone in the ACC has come back the right direction in the top 80/100 even wake at 105.

If Net is important, ND has us by a decent margin while NC State is just a few spots ahead. You also have some teams like DePaul, Providence and Alabama above us who if we finish as we need to aren't getting in ahead.

NET020920.png

Margin of Victory plays a part of it and we only beat a weak Wake team by 2 at home. It’s KenPom lite.

just win one of the iowa/g-town/ok st/psu games and we are in good shape. Same as if we win one of the Lou/FSU games and finish 3-5 in those Q1 games.

who ever dreamed Miami on the road is a Q2 and UNC at home is a Q3..

But UNC could run off several wins and flip that

KenPom dropped us 2 spots after last night too. We just have to accept the fact we won’t have great metrics this year.

Between mostly close wins, no big wins OOC and the ACC having a down year - it’s not an ideal combo

Not worth starting a new thread on, but I was looking at Bracketmatrix and saw an interesting outlier with Gonzaga. Almost everyone has them as a 1 seed, a few have them as a 2, but then one person as them as a 5 seed.

Same person has San Diego St. as a 4 seed when virtually everyone else has them as a 1.

Obviously they think their records are weak sauce.

Last edited:
Not worth starting a new thread on, but I was looking at Bracketmatrix and saw an interesting outlier with Gonzaga. Almost everyone has them as a 1 seed, a few have them as a 2, but then one person as them as a 5 seed.

Same person as San Diego St. as a 4 seed when virtually everyone else has them as a 1.

Obviously they think their records are weak sauce.

I mean if that is their opinion fine, but there’s no way the committee is going to seed those schools there. If the goal is to be as accurate as possible that person is not doing a good job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom