Never should've fouled only down three | Syracusefan.com

Never should've fouled only down three

20Plus

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned and if was I did not see. I believe there was at least an extra 12 seconds to play defense get a stop and then see if we can either get a three or a quick basket and then foul.

They just gave them the game!

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned and if was I did not see. I believe there was at least an extra 12 seconds to play defense get a stop and then see if we can either get a three or a quick basket and then foul.

Actually it was 16 seconds extra and the offensive foul on John was horrible just before that!

Last edited by a moderator:

You mean to tell me that only down 3, with a 16 second differential was good enough reason to not intentionally foul an 83% foul shooter?..

Bc I absolutely agree. No clue what we were thinking there.

Lack of BBall IQ caused that dumb foul.Never should have entertained that thought especially against a top foul shooting team.
But this is your typical can'take make a free throw Syracuse team as before the game we were no.256 in % shooting in the county while GT is 16th in % made. Got manhandled on the boards by a team that was being out rebounded on the year so far.

Historically JB likes to foul earlier than many coaches. He likes to extend games rather than have to rely upon one stop and one possession. I recall a game a few years ago vs South Florida where the guys fouled intentionally when they were down only two with a good disparity between the shot and game clock. its just what we do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom