Never thought I’d utter these words... | Syracusefan.com

Never thought I’d utter these words...

but Boston college has a better team than we do. That’s really a sad sentence to type.
Well then, you haven't been a fan all that long. Boston College has had a number of teams better than us over the years. Not sure they do this year. We waxed them at our place. I'm very confidant that next year we will see a Syracuse team that looks a lot like the Syracuse team we know and have loved.

Well then, you haven't been a fan all that long. Boston College has had a number of teams better than us over the years. Not sure they do this year. We waxed them at our place. I'm very confidant that next year we will see a Syracuse team that looks a lot like the Syracuse team we know and have loved.

I hope so. Hopefully, we can stay healthy too or we could be just like ND this year. A lot of promise to start the season, winning in Maui, etc., and then the crushing injuries. Our centers look frail, and who knows based upon their builds if they can stay healthy and not have nagging similarly related conditions next season.

I'm 37 and have been a fan since I was 6. I'm talking about this year. They have a better roster and a better team.

I really hate when people like you throw the "you aren't a fan" or "you haven't been a fan all that long". I'm trying to think of when they had a better team than us and I can't think of one situation. I'd much rather have their roster than ours right now. <---- (Hence why they are a better team).

I hope so. Hopefully, we can stay healthy too or we could be just like ND this year. A lot of promise to start the season, winning in Maui, etc., and then the crushing injuries. Our centers look frail, and who knows based upon their builds if they can stay healthy and not have nagging similarly related conditions next season.

The centers looking frail isn't much of a concern. What knocks players out of action is soft tissue injuries like cartilage, ligaments, etc. The Rock has no more ACL strength than Pascal Chukwu does. Sidibe's knee problems are a legit worry but it has nothing to do with how he looks (ie skinnier does not mean weaker ligaments).

Howard Eisley, Danya Abrams, whichever Curley brother was on the 1994 team, sure. Though we were good that year too.

Other than that, have they? No, I won't accept any suggestion that the 2005 BC team that beat us there was better than we were. We got jobbed and ended up winning the Big East tournament anyway. And beyond those ones, I can't think of any.

Are they a better team "OR" just better shooters "OR" their offensive approach just works good against our zone? If we strategized a little better I think the outcome would have been different. I do not think overall they have better players than us, maybe just more players.

Howard Eisley, Danya Abrams, whichever Curley brother was on the 1994 team, sure. Though we were good that year too.

Other than that, have they? No, I won't accept any suggestion that the 2005 BC team that beat us there was better than we were. We got jobbed and ended up winning the Big East tournament anyway. And beyond those ones, I can't think of any.
Then you weren't watching in the 80's. They went to three straight sweet 16's. Lost by a fluke to Memphis st or there would have been 4 Big East teams in the final four. They weren't always a stiff. Dr Tom Davis and Gary Williams both were very successful at B.C.

Then you weren't watching in the 80's. They went to three straight sweet 16's. Lost by a fluke to Memphis st or there would have been 4 Big East teams in the final four. They weren't always a stiff. Dr Tom Davis and Gary Williams both were very successful at B.C.

I know, but those happened to be years when SU was also good. Better than BC, in my opinion. Swept them in '83, won at home and lost by 1 in OT in '84, won at home and lost by 1 in '85, swept them in '86. In my estimation, we're pretty much always better than they are. Including in 2018.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom