New “Phony” NIL Deal Rules for 2025-2026 | Syracusefan.com

New “Phony” NIL Deal Rules for 2025-2026

CU44SE

All Conference
Obviously I don't know if all the mechanics here, but would it make sense for a school to offer less scholarships to football players in order to pay higher rated recruits more. For example instead of signing 100 players at 200k each, only sign 50 at 400k each. Might be a way for smaller schools to compete.

I also have 0 faith that the NCAA is going to be able to effectively police a salary cap.

Obviously I don't know if all the mechanics here, but would it make sense for a school to offer less scholarships to football players in order to pay higher rated recruits more. For example instead of signing 100 players at 200k each, only sign 50 at 400k each. Might be a way for smaller schools to compete.

I also have 0 faith that the NCAA is going to be able to effectively police a salary cap.

I think what you are going to see is schools like Syracuse have fewer than the new cap and not raise the amounts so they can save money.

I think what you are going to see is schools like Syracuse have fewer than the new cap and not raise the amounts so they can save money.
And that's exactly what they should do. AND continue to make room for walk on players