New “Phony” NIL Deal Rules for 2025-2026 | Syracusefan.com

New “Phony” NIL Deal Rules for 2025-2026

CU44SE

All Conference
hmmm...a 4% "raise" each year except for those years they do a revenue review which could increase the cap even more than 4%.

Also, interesting that the agreement leaves in place 5 years to play four, and an athlete must pursue a degree.

Questions, though, the back payments seem to be only for football and basketball players. How do they settle Title IX concerns and does the revenue sharing impact all athletes or just football and basketball?

edit: BTW, I am all for capitalism, but those attorney fees are disgusting.

Last edited:
hmmm...a 4% "raise" each year except for those years they do a revenue review which could increase the cap even more than 4%.

Also, interesting that the agreement leaves in place 5 years to play four, and an athlete must pursue a degree.

Questions, though, the back payments seem to be only for football and basketball players. How do they settle Title IX concerns and does the revenue sharing impact all athletes or just football and basketball?

edit: BTW, I am all for capitalism, but those attorney fees are disgusting.
Without the attorneys, players would still be endentured. Also, you’d still be driving Pintos. And no one cares how much the lawyers would be out if they lost.
The House case was in the courts for 4 years, and probably a year of prep before that. Work hours would be in the tens of thousands.
Also, those are requested fees, subject to court approval. As a % of the whole, they are under 20%. High risk, big reward, especially when you make new law and reconstruct and entire economic model.

Last edited:
Without the attorneys, players would still be endentured. Also, you’d still be driving Pintos. And no one cares how much the lawyers would be out if they lost.
The House case was in the courts for 4 years, and probably a year of prep before that. Work hours would be in the tens of thousands.
Also, those are requested fees, subject to court approval. As a % of the whole, they are under 20%. High risk, big reward, especially when you make new law and reconstruct and entire economic model.
Thank you counselor:)

Look, I get it and it's not normal of me to begrudge what someone makes, but man those fees are out there.

Look, I get it and it's not normal of me to begrudge what someone makes, but man those fees are out there.
Can’t look at it in the vacuum. Are they commensurate with they value they brought to the client. Absolutely.

C’mon leave the poor attorney alone, the real headline “news” there was……….

Chinese table tennis star knocked out of Olympics after bat broken in unusual circumstances

But, is it…..
A. That they were intending to bring a bat to the Olympics,

or

B. That they play ping pong in the Olympics

Back in the day we played Beer Pong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online