New Big East contract from ESPN | Syracusefan.com

New Big East contract from ESPN

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Is only worth $1M per year to basketball onlies (are there any left after the Catholic 7 leave?), and $2M per year for football + basketball schools (i.e. UConn, Cinci, etc.).

Likelihood of a Big Monday spot for the Big East = 0.00001%

Wow. NBC screwed the conference with such a lowball offer. ESPN matches for chump change - about 1/3 of the current contract price. Big East is now on The Ocho and the WatchESPN app.

UConn's program is done if they can't get out of there pronto. This money pays for a head football coach and that's it. The rest of your athletic department, you're on your own. Good luck with all your facilities expansion plans, and ever paying your basketball coach top dollar.

For Tulane this is a probably a large improvement.

No, previous BE President's screwed the league by not taking the original offer made by ESPN. Then NBE decided it was better to shop on the open market, aka NBC. ESPN didn't have to do much as they had the right to match.

Is only worth $1M per year to basketball onlies (are there any left after the Catholic 7 leave?), and $2M per year for football + basketball schools (i.e. UConn, Cinci, etc.).

Wow. NBC screwed the conference with such a lowball offer. ESPN matches for chump change - about 1/3 of the current contract price. Big East is now on The Ocho and the WatchESPN app.

UConn's program is done if they can't get out of there pronto. This money pays for a head football coach and that's it. The rest of your athletic department, you're on your own. Good luck with all your facilities expansion plans, and ever paying your basketball coach top dollar.

Oh...I thought the Big East was offering ESPN $130 mil to put the conference on.

screw.jpg
'ed

May be better off playing as an independent and picking your schedule. UConn could probably get a better TV deal themselves and not have to play in that show.

If Mike Aresco tried, could be have done a worse job as head of the Big East?

UConn probably makes more from SNY broadcasting women's basketball games.

May be better off playing as an independent and picking your schedule. UConn could probably get a better TV deal themselves and not have to play in that show.

Our women's BB makes more than that now.

Wow.

If Mike Aresco tried, could be have done a worse job as head of the Big East?

UConn probably makes more from SNY broadcasting women's basketball games.

True Fact.

Seriously, any chance you guys go indy for football and hope another conference picks you up?
I've been saying they should do that and bring all but FB to ACC and come all in when ND does.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Hey now, be nice. I love WatchESPN, its how I end up watching most of the SU games out here on the west coast. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom