New board feature - Ignore Content | Syracusefan.com

New board feature - Ignore Content

temery

What?
Or the return of an old feature.

At the top of any thread or board, click ignore.

If you click on your name at the top right, you'll see a link for the content you are ignoring.

Let me know if you see any bugs.

Last edited:
Exactly.
It’s an epidemic these days where folks don’t want to tolerate opposing POVs- lest they be “offended” or made to feel some kinda way. Ridiculous. JMHO
I like “thread ignore” because it removes clutter from my feed. There are some threads that I have no interest in reading (e.g., Rutgers Dumpster Fire, Predictions). With those threads gone, topics in which I might have interest are more prominent. There is a better chance that I will notice them.

I like “thread ignore” because it removes clutter from my feed. There are some threads that I have no interest in reading (e.g., Rutgers Dumpster Fire, Predictions). With those threads gone, topics in which I might have interest are more prominent. There is a better chance that I will notice them.
Well put, and I somewhat agree about the Rutgers thread. But even I’ll admit that I’ll read a few posts in there when i get bored.

Exactly.
It’s an epidemic these days where folks don’t want to tolerate opposing POVs- lest they be “offended” or made to feel some kinda way. Ridiculous. JMHO
opposing points of view don't bother me, but dishonest, agenda-driven povs do.
i don't necessarily ignore people with whom i disagree. i do ignore those for whom i've lost respect.

One could argue that everyone that posts on this board has an agenda... to be heard, to persuade, to get popularity/likes, etc. We all have an "agenda."

Some folks harshly criticize staff and do not post anything complimentary. Others post only flattering posts about the program without ability to objectively look at shortfalls. And occasionally some fall in between and recognize that you can post both flattering and critical thoughts and still love the program. Kudos to those who have the courage to do both!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom