New bracketology | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New bracketology

Like Lunardi has anything to do with the real thing. My daughter's dog made out a bracket and had us #1 and Kentucky not even making the tournament (to avoid the possibility of having to rescind the title a few years down the road).

I actually don't like the Duke matchup vs. UNC or Michigan State. UNC would be the most talented team, but they don't play any defense and I believe our zone would be tough on them and JB kinda owns Roy, and Michigan State is a dangerous rebounding team with good defense, but we would out-talent them in Boston. Duke scares me because they live by the 3 ball and would shoot like 30 of them against our zone and have guys like the Plumlee's who get tons of rebounds against us and please don't even bring the ball pressure of Duke against Scoop and Triche. I would like to avoid Duke because while they may be soft their 3 ball game would kill me to watch, and they would probably be the ONLY team other than Kentucky that could turn Boston into a neutral site game. Any other opponent in Boston will be a de facto home game for Syracuse.

Duke would definitely the most "desirable" #2 seed for us to have in our region. Do not want UNC or Mich St before the final4.
MSU? Any reason?

MSU? Any reason?
Did you watch them @ OSU over the weekend? It's probably Izzo's best team in about 5 years. And when his team is good, Izzo seems to get them to the final4 more often than not.

I don't want MSU because they are well-coached and rebound well. Izzo is the best NCAA tourney coach not named Coach K.

I also don't want Florida State early on because they would smother us on defense and have some very good scalps this year.

Duke would definitely the most "desirable" #2 seed for us to have in our region. Do not want UNC or Mich St before the final4.
bring on UNC, but I agree want to be as far away from MSU as possible, they are the type of team we will lose to in the tourney, very good defense and great rebounding

Seeing Izzo with a half decent (or better) MSU team in your bracket is probably the worst feeling for a coach with an eye on getting to the Final Four. The odds are not in your favor, bracketly speaking.

There is no doubt that Izzo is a stud in the tourney and Draymond Green is a force. But their backcourt is very young and inexperienced; and they don't shoot the 3 very well.

SU somehow slides down to a 2-seed.

No, I'm just f#cking with you: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
Am I missing something? I just clicked on the link and it came up with Lunardi bracket and it has SU a #1 in the East.

EAST (Boston)

Pittsburgh

1SYRACUSE
16NORFOLK ST / 16STONY BROOK

8New Mexico

9Alabama
Portland

5SAINT MARY'S

12Seton Hall

4Indiana

13MIDDLE TENNESSEE
Albuquerque

6WICHITA ST

11Arizona

3Baylor

14NEVADA
Greensboro

7Vanderbilt

10West Virginia

2Duke

15BUCKNELL

Am I missing something? I just clicked on the link and it came up with Lunardi bracket and it has SU a #1 in the East.

Read my original post again. Carefully.

There is no doubt that Izzo is a stud in the tourney and Draymond Green is a force. But their backcourt is very young and inexperienced; and they don't shoot the 3 very well.
that is not what people are worried about, it is their defense and rebounding

see ND/gtown for teams with great defense that gave us trouble

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom