New Bracketology | Syracusefan.com

New Bracketology

jekelish

Living Legend
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I think I'd take this region just about any day of the week. There's not a single team I fear. In descending order, these are the teams I'd be most afraid of from what I've seen:

1. UNC (obviously)
2. Wichita State
3. West Virginia (because of their familiarity with us, and Kevin Jones)
4. Everyone else
5. Vanderbilt (who, if it played out like this, I'd fully expect to lose to West Virginia in the first round anyway)

No no no no no no x10000. That bracket has the best mid-major team by a landslide, the best rebounding team in America (who also happens to one of the only teams that's bigger than us) and a 2nd round game vs. a resurging Big10 team who plays tough D and rebounds well?

That bracket is hell.

No no no no no no x10000. That bracket has the best mid-major team by a landslide, the best rebounding team in America (who also happens to one of the only teams that's bigger than us) and a 2nd round game vs. a resurging Big10 team who plays tough D and rebounds well?

That bracket is hell.
I would fully expect to play West Virginia in the Sweet Sixteen in that bracket, quite frankly. And the Fighting Robbie Hummel's are nothing to be afraid of in the second round.

By the way, the "best mid-major" has lost to Alabama and Drake.

I would fully expect to play West Virginia in the Sweet Sixteen in that bracket, quite frankly. And the Fighting Robbie Hummel's are nothing to be afraid of in the second round.
I would much rather have WVU than Vandy or WSU. I'm torn on UNC; they're rebounding is scary, but they can't really shoot nor can they defend all that well. But Zeller/Henson would give us hell and Fab would probably be in foul trouble early.

I would much rather have WVU than Vandy or WSU. I'm torn on UNC; they're rebounding is scary, but they can't really shoot nor can they defend all that well. But Zeller/Henson would give us hell and Fab would probably be in foul trouble early.

Im rooting for north carolina on saturday nite, hopefully they can win out and snag a 1 seed. Gun to my head i probably have us losing to them if they play in elite 8. Duke i think we'd beat. Will be very surprised if we dont get duke or unc as our 2 in the east.

Hate that draw. We get the toughest #8 seed who is coming on now (Purdue) and the toughest #4 in Wichita St who would be a bad stylistic matchup for us (strong half court team). As usual Duke has the easiest draw. Iowa St/Cincy in the 8/9. Give me that any day.

I just know we're going to see Wichita State as the 4 on our side. And I'm not going to be happy about it.

Why are the 8/9's for both SU and UK, the supposed clear #1's, so much more difficult than the 8/9 for the other two #1's? And why do we get the toughest 2?

I will say while people don't want to play Wichita St, that 4/5 is not any tougher than the other 4/5 match ups.

if you are putting a team together on paper to give Syracuse a tough time, it will be one that plays at a slow pace, doesn't turn the ball over, is efficient on offense, and will space the floor with three good outside shooters.

aka, Purdue - 209th in tempo, 1st in turnover percentage, 10th in offensive efficiency, and featuring 3 rotation players who sho0t 36% or better from three (two of them are over 40%, one over 45%)

Based on that bracket, I could easily see Marquette being the Final 4 team from the Midwest.

Wichita i think is a one and doner. No flying under the radar anymore for these midmajor schools.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hate that draw. We get the toughest #8 seed who is coming on now (Purdue) and the toughest #4 in Wichita St who would be a bad stylistic matchup for us (strong half court team). As usual Duke has the easiest draw. Iowa St/Cincy in the 8/9. Give me that any day.

I completely agree. This projection has the East as the toughest region by far. Some people are not sold on the Wichita St. but from what I've seen they're not just a very good mid-major team but a very good team in general, regardless of conference. Even if I'm giving them too much credit, Vandy is still very dangerous. Best team not currently in the top 25 in my opinion. Hopefully the Selection Committee will balance things a little better than Lunardi's projections. I see these regions in order of difficulty as follows:

1) East
2) Midwest
3) South
4) West

In that bracket the only teams that scare me are Wichita State, New Mexico, and North Carolina. I think those would be pretty close games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom