new coach needed by monday | Syracusefan.com

new coach needed by monday

If the coach has no recruiting ties to the northeast, people will need to be very patient... Notvsaying it can't work but it will be tough

well with Marrone gone to the Bills, we need to at least get an interim coach assigned right away for recruiting purposes so we dont lose the whole staff

Marrone was able to parlay a .500 record into an NFL job, props to him. I'm more interested in how some of the sanctimonious blowhards on this board are going to react. The ones who said "how dare you question his commitment to his dream job".

we have a big reruiting weekend next week we need a leader quickly

Unless its an assistant currently in staff u r in drugs if u think we will have a coach by Monday.

Marrone was able to parlay a .500 record into an NFL job, props to him. I'm more interested in how some of the sanctimonious blowhards on this board are going to react. The ones who said "how dare you question his commitment to his dream job".
I have said it for years the whole "Dream job" comment was laughable

Unless its an assistant currently in staff u r in drugs if u think we will have a coach by Monday.
Have to agree here. My guess is that it won't start to register with the BOT until sometime Monday afternoon.

Have to agree here. My guess is that it won't start to register with the BOT until sometime Monday afternoon.

You think it will take about a day and a half before the BOT realizes the FB head coach has left and they have to start thinking about hiring somebody?

You think it will take about a day and a half before the BOT realizes the FB head coach has left and they have to start thinking about hiring somebody?
Being facetious. They are known to be visionaries afterall.

Hopefully, the AD has had a "Doom's Day" contingency plan ready to go since early November.

If the coach has no recruiting ties to the northeast, people will need to be very patient... Notvsaying it can't work but it will be tough

I agree we can't wait 2 or 3 years for a coach to establish recruiting ties in the northeast. The Old Dominion coach (Bobby Wilder) would be a great hire. He spent 2007 - 2009 doing nothing but recruiting since they did not have a football program. He then turned Old Dominion into a top 10 program.

My other choice would be Ed Orgeron. He may not have had a great record at Ole Miss but he is a great recruiter. 2012 Rivals recruiter of the year. Oregeron is just what we need at Syracuse a great recruiter and a guy who would energize the fan base.

LOL, gotcha. I didn't really think that was what you meant literally but wasn't positive.

I have said it for years the whole "Dream job" comment was laughable

Not at all. Dreams change. I had a dream job when I was in my 20s and early 30s. When I was 36 I was offered that dream job. By that time my priorities had changed. Unlike Doug I never even accepted the job offer. That was the only "dream job" I ever really had, but do I regret turning it down? No.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom