Class of 2019 - New Commit: Blake Ulmer (IL / MA) Goalie | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 New Commit: Blake Ulmer (IL / MA) Goalie

Well produced video imo. Isn't he the #1 ranked goalie in the 2019 class for IL? Why wasn't he selected for the UAA games?

He looks great! Excellent technique and great at matching the guys stick on shots around the crease. Not sure about IL but their various ranking lists on the website are often a constantly changing mess as many kids go for long stretches with no ratings at all. Also the criteria is a little all over the place as they give kids a 1-5 star rating a bunch of vague/hard to quantify categories "IQ" "stick" "hustle" and they all factor in equally to the final rating. It's a real cluster

He's somewhere outside the Top 5 of this list. Where'd you hear that?

Inside Lacrosse - Rankinglist
I could've sworn I saw it in one of his highlight videos awhile back when he first committed. Either way, he's really active and see's the ball well. I think he will be a great goalie and could compete for a starting spot after Porter graduates. No way Desko plays him ahead of Porter, but we'll see.

Ulmer looks good. Seen fellow 19 ' Harrison of Mountain Lakes a few times and he looks good as well. Porter is only sr., numbers at position bit overkill but deep in quality for years

I could've sworn I saw it in one of his highlight videos awhile back when he first committed. Either way, he's really active and see's the ball well. I think he will be a great goalie and could compete for a starting spot after Porter graduates. No way Desko plays him ahead of Porter, but we'll see.
Post #1 of this thread. He was initially IL’s top ranked ‘19 goalie per their database as a rising Jr. following the 2017 summer club circuit but when IL released their 2017 recruiting issue just a few weeks later, he wasn’t included in their ‘19 Top 50, which included 2 goalies. My guess is that they hadn’t evaluated all prospects yet. When they released their 2018 Senior rankings a year later, he was no longer among their Top 5 ‘19 goalies. Basically, when his commitment to SU was announced, you could look at IL’s ‘19 rankings & see him as their #1 goalie...I recall doing so myself.

Here’s a great article from just after he committed that I didn’t see posted. Good read, lots of insight. His father was actually recruited by SU.

Last edited:
After spending 3 days evaluating goalies at The Goaliesmith Experience, here are just a few that impressed:

Blake Ulmer, Wilbraham & Monson Academy (Mass.), True, 2019 | Syracuse
Ulmer brings a rare combination of size, athletisicm and talent. Combine those factors with an obession to compete, and you have an extremeley explosive goaltender that will be sure to challenge shooters at the next level.

I'm satisfied with our goalie depth, but a shout-out to these local keepers as well:

Robbie Seeley, Marcellus (N.Y.), Orange Crush, 2019 | Saint Joseph's
Watch this kid for one minute and you'll immediately notice the passion for the sport and commitment to his craft as a goaltender. He makes the big saves in tight, holds his stance well and is fearless when it comes to using his body to make saves.

Cole Zaferakis, Liverpool (N.Y.), 2019 | Ohio Northern
Coach Nat St. Laurent must be licking his chops to get Zaferakis on campus this fall. An athletic and level-headed net-minder, the incoming college freshman proved his worth side by side with some of the top goalies in the 2019 class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom