Class of 2023 - New Commit: Chrishawn Hunter (PA: Westtown) Midfield / Flip from Penn | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 New Commit: Chrishawn Hunter (PA: Westtown) Midfield / Flip from Penn

Chrishawn is one of my kids. Transferred to Westtown after his freshman year and re classified to 2023. Initially committed to Penn. Ivy League education would have been great but I selfishly wanted him to play at SU. This kid persevered through a lot and worked his tail off. I’m happy for his commitment and can’t wait to see him play in the Dome.

Saw this yesterday but didn't get a chance to comment. Another real nice late flip at a position (midfield) that we had discussed needing to add some additional talent at and weve done that with 2 late flips.

Assuming he may not have made it through the pre admission process at Penn which unfortunately does happen. Same thing happened to Wood at Brown who ensed up here before ultimately transferring to Tampa and becoming a D2 all american.

Hard to take a ton from highlights but has real nice size and appears comfortable playing through contact and has a good looking shot. Seems like someone who could start out aeeing sometime onnthe wing at shorty with that size and physicality. Need to see more game footage to get an idea on his overall offensive game and where he stands on ability to transition to D1

Saw this yesterday but didn't get a chance to comment. Another real nice late flip at a position (midfield) that we had discussed needing to add some additional talent at and weve done that with 2 late flips.

Assuming he may not have made it through the pre admission process at Penn which unfortunately does happen. Same thing happened to Wood at Brown who ensed up here before ultimately transferring to Tampa and becoming a D2 all american.

Hard to take a ton from highlights but has real nice size and appears comfortable playing through contact and has a good looking shot. Seems like someone who could start out aeeing sometime onnthe wing at shorty with that size and physicality. Need to see more game footage to get an idea on his overall offensive game and where he stands on ability to transition to D1
" Same thing happened to Wood at Brown who ended up here before ultimately transferring to Tampa and becoming a D2 all american."

Is Jack Wood still on the Tampa team ? I checked the 2022 roster but did not see him.

As a former Westtown athlete and grad, it's nice to see a Westtown lacrosse player heading up to the 'cuse. I didn't know they had boys lacrosse and they are lucky to have a coach that celebrates diversity. Crishawn will get much out of the Westtown experience and I'm sure give much back to the school. Congrats Crishawn...

The kid looks like a dynamic player. Real curious how successful he will be at SU!