Class of 2026 - New Commit: Drew Maloney (GA: Buford) Midfield (9/21/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 New Commit: Drew Maloney (GA: Buford) Midfield (9/21/24)

IMG_7184.jpeg

Thanks Liam?
There’s a new Powell down in Atlanta, I’m pretty sure either Ryan or Casey follows him around pretty decent and gets exposed a bunch to the GA kids.. I’m sure there’s some more Cuse alumni coaching travel down there too

There’s a new Powell down in Atlanta, I’m pretty sure either Ryan or Casey follows him around pretty decent and gets exposed a bunch to the GA kids.. I’m sure there’s some more Cuse alumni coaching travel down there too
Brody Powell, he's a 2027. Good young player.

The Georgia club programs have solid reputations, are competitive nationally and the top players are getting invites to the top recruiting events. In the 2024, 2025 and 2026 (so far) classes, 84 players from Georgia have committed to play collegiately. 44 of those players committed to D1 programs.

Depth of the elite level talent is still non-hotbed but there is enough talent to attract attention and enough quality to allow the club directors to get teams into high level tournaments where these kids can prove themselves.

Super athletic. Definitely can win a short stick matchup. Plays in the Team 91 system and up on the 91 Long Island squad. Scored the OT game winner for his HS team in the state championship. Nice addition.

As for Liam, he’s no longer down in Atlanta. He’s back up north.

Very speedy and he's also crafty around the net. Not just a guy who tries to win by running by his defender, he's got multiple dodges he can use too. He can invert nicely as well. He's a lefty, and Syracuse seems to be stockpiling lefties (Maloney, Hahn, Rawson, Schnidwind, Peck in the '25 and '26 classes). I am guessing that SU won't be targeting offensive lefties for the rest of the class, but could very well be wrong.

Very much enjoying the influx of talent from Georgia. Donny Scott should be a contributor next year, and Jake Meyers looks like he will be a very good player when he matriculates next year. Kamden Clack is a dynamic midfielder and high school teammate of Maloney's, ranked 61st from IL. Would be great if Syracuse could keep them together.

I am sure Banks making inroads in the Peach State helped, but this might be a Spallina connection since he plays for Team 91. He's teammates with Peck, which I am sure also helped. Funny that the players Syracuse have committed from a Long Island based club team do not come from Long Island.

Very speedy and he's also crafty around the net. Not just a guy who tries to win by running by his defender, he's got multiple dodges he can use too. He can invert nicely as well. He's a lefty, and Syracuse seems to be stockpiling lefties (Maloney, Hahn, Rawson, Schnidwind, Peck in the '25 and '26 classes). I am guessing that SU won't be targeting offensive lefties for the rest of the class, but could very well be wrong.

Very much enjoying the influx of talent from Georgia. Donny Scott should be a contributor next year, and Jake Meyers looks like he will be a very good player when he matriculates next year. Kamden Clack is a dynamic midfielder and high school teammate of Maloney's, ranked 61st from IL. Would be great if Syracuse could keep them together.

I am sure Banks making inroads in the Peach State helped, but this might be a Spallina connection since he plays for Team 91. He's teammates with Peck, which I am sure also helped. Funny that the players Syracuse have committed from a Long Island based club team do not come from Long Island.
Maybe I’m being too bullish here, but after watching Jake Meyers on film I think he could be as impactful as Spallina for us once he gets in the lineup. I almost think he has a higher ceiling than Anderson…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom