Class of 2026 - New Commit: Hansen Peck (NY: Lawrenceville) Attack (9/12/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 New Commit: Hansen Peck (NY: Lawrenceville) Attack (9/12/24)

Happy Lets Go GIF by NHL

I was getting worried if this wasn't announced by today some of you were going to need to be hospitalized. Absolutely outstanding pick up and gives SU 3 really good O players to start this class, hard to ask for more. I do believe more is on the way, stay tuned....

Huge for a lot of reasons. Love that we have multiple high level upstate guys coming in. On the flip side I love that we have landed two recruits from Lawrenceville recently. Extremely well coached team that puts out a lot of college ready talent. Building a connection there is massive.

Peck is an excellent shooter and maybe not as much of a jitterbug as his teamate Rawson in our 2025 class, but I see quite a lot of speed when he dodges. Has produced a boatload for a sophmore on an elite high school team. Having those two in back to back years will be huge for reloading our offense after we say goodbye to the 2022 class.

I've alluded to it, but I know this recruit and his family pretty well. I know PhatOrange does also.

His style is hard to describe and there isn't really a comp on our team right now. I'd put him somewhere between a Garnsey and a Dickson. A little slender and undersized, but not to the point where he gets beat up. He shoots from a lot of angles and can get to his spots despite not being a burner or jitterbug. He's shifty and slick.

He grew up in a place where lacrosse is an afterthought, started with an A-B level club team, and has just kept moving up to the very top of the heap (local, Rebels National, Express North, Team 91 LI/ Schuylerville, Albany Academy, Lawrenceville). I thought he was the best offensive player on his stacked Team 91 team this summer and I'd heard he was really their go-to player.

I wasn't sure how he would do with someone like Posner at Lawrenceville. I don't think he's a high academics kid and his style is not really system oriented. From what I heard, Lawrenceville has been great for him in both regards. While I think all the reclassing is absolutely ridiculous and really hurts club teams and HS recruits in areas without a big prep scene, he's truly benefited from it, though I'm sure he'd be a top '25 kid too if he had not reclassed.

I was getting worried if this wasn't announced by today some of you were going to need to be hospitalized. Absolutely outstanding pick up and gives SU 3 really good O players to start this class, hard to ask for more. I do believe more is on the way, stay tuned...

IM STAYINH TUNED, BUT WHERE DO INNEED TO TUNE INTO?!?
WHAT IS THIS WHERE IS THE COMMITS, WHY DO I NEED THIS?
WHAT IS LIFE WITHOUT VERBALLED COMMITS ?!?

Omggg

I was getting worried if this wasn't announced by today some of you were going to need to be hospitalized. Absolutely outstanding pick up and gives SU 3 really good O players to start this class, hard to ask for more. I do believe more is on the way, stay tuned...
SO wHEN THe oThERS CommITING I NeED to BE on SITE!

These highlights from his last season show pretty clearly that he is not getting all those points by just standing and shooting from the left wing. He can turn on the jets when he wants to, and has some nice moves off the dodge from up top and from X. Think he has potential to excel in all areas as an attack, not just a finisher or long range shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom