Class of 2024 - New Commit: Owen O'Farrell (RI) Attack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 New Commit: Owen O'Farrell (RI) Attack

2024 commit!

IMG_6263.gif

I was looking at the regional tryouts for this. $300 bucks for a tryout is crazy.
It’s insanity. My daughter wanted to try out but I had to say no. She wasn’t going to make the team, so I wasn’t going to waste the money. I believe I heard it was a over a grand to attend the final tryout. Nothing says representing the red white and blue like handing over the green. USlacrosse should be ashamed.

It’s insanity. My daughter wanted to try out but I had to say no. She wasn’t going to make the team, so I wasn’t going to waste the money. I believe I heard it was a over a grand to attend the final tryout. Nothing says representing the red white and blue like handing over the green. USlacrosse should be ashamed.
WOW

That is crazy.

WOW

That is crazy.

club fees and events are going through the roof now to. had heard the cost for some NLF events was 5k - per team. Primetime has upped fees from 1800 to 2200k+. We should’ve gotten into the event business. Even the local town events are getting 1k per team. Used to be 4 or 5 hundred.

whats Sweetlax Florida charging? A Dad at the recent Adidas All-State event told me 3D New England is $4500 per kid for annual. He has twins, he pays 9k a year for club.

Last edited:
club fees and events are going through the roof now to. had heard the cost for some NLF events was 5k - per team. Primetime has upped fees from 1800 to 2200k+. We should’ve gotten into the event business. Even the local town events are getting 1k per team. Used to be 4 or 5 hundred.

whats Sweetlax Florida charging? A Dad at the recent Adidas All-State event told me 3D New England is $4500 per kid for annual. He has twins, he pays 9k a year for club.
I haven't looked into SweetLax Florida in a few years, so am not 100% certain. My 11th grader made them in like 5th grade. Back then it was about $1,200 per tournament and you had to do 3, so something like $3,600. We opted to not do it, as I didn't realize just how expensive it was. But, talking to parents, the $3,600 was more like $8K once you accounted for hotels and travel and meals and whatnot.

I know quite a few people who were on SweetLax and most left. That kind of expenditure is not for everyone, for sure. Many just wanted their lives back. Others lost interest in playing at that level. Others found clubs that played the same kind of tournaments, but gave them as-good coaching and more attention.

My kid was on a True Lacrosse 'state' B team last summer. He tried out again and they are listing as someone who could be either on B or A, and they want him to register and try out again, but with no guarantees of being on A. Makes me sad, but I am sorta done at this point. $3,500 for 5 tournaments. Helmet (optional) and uniform are $500 extra. My kid sent an E-mail to the coach last night asking about his chances, but I am mentally checking out (which is really hard for me to do). I don't disagree with their evaluation, but we will focus on HS and probably spend some of that $ on prospect camps.

True acquired the good regional club we had. That is gone now.

A couple years ago, True came in and cleaned SweetLax's clock. Then, the director for that started his own thing and moved it out Tampa way, and many of the best players went with him. So, now there are 3 (and likely more) 'state' clubs. Its weird. The lack of stability wears thin. But, there always seems to be a hopeful doctor or lawyer ready to spend their hard earned $$ on it.

A good and stable rec club and coach, with a connection to the HS is worth its weight in gold.

Regarding the event business, I learned about someone who runs a huge tournament in Orlando. It is probably 10- 20 teams in each age group, depending on age group. I heard through someone who had some insight into the books that the organizer (a HS teacher and coach) personally clears a significant amount (want to say $25k) or so. Its a huge amount of work for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom