Class of 2019 - New Commit: Sean Donnelly (NJ / IMG) Attack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 New Commit: Sean Donnelly (NJ / IMG) Attack

Nice accolades though leaving a great school n lax program in Delbarton for img is bit of a head scratcher especially if club is Patriot. Delby n Summit depth, level of play, comp n coaching is top notch. Villy n some other pa seem to be tracking these two programs

Nice accolades though leaving a great school n lax program in Delbarton for img is bit of a head scratcher especially if club is Patriot. Delby n Summit depth, level of play, comp n coaching is top notch. Villy n some other pa seem to be tracking these two programs
Those are great programs but can't even compare to what IMG offers from a facilities/training/nutrition standpoint. No HS can. Plus, IMG plays a national schedule & usually one of the 2 most difficult schedules annually along with Hill Academy.

Those are great programs but can't even compare to what IMG offers from a facilities/training/nutrition standpoint. No HS can. Plus, IMG plays a national schedule & usually one of the 2 most difficult schedules annually along with Hill Academy.
With all due respect , my op differs. Their facilities are certainly impressive n Naticoke was the real deal but think they are overhyped n their schedule is not as strong as believed. They came up to Summit a couple of years ago n lost. They played a eight loss NJ prep in Lawrenceville last year n squeezed out a victory by one, by comparison a G3 Moorestown lost handily to Delby but squashed Lawrenceville by nine. They get past Salisbury by one , a team that got crushed by several Conn preps. In 16 they lost to Hill by ten and losing to a 6L Georgetown Prep was not a fluke. With all due respect , a Delby , Darien or Landon imo would beat them handily n Summit n other top local publics in Conn, NJ n LI could play with them despite not having all the advantages mentioned.

With all due respect , my op differs. Their facilities are certainly impressive n Naticoke was the real deal but think they are overhyped n their schedule is not as strong as believed. They came up to Summit a couple of years ago n lost. They played a eight loss NJ prep in Lawrenceville last year n squeezed out a victory by one, by comparison a G3 Moorestown lost handily to Delby but squashed Lawrenceville by nine. They get past Salisbury by one , a team that got crushed by several Conn preps. In 16 they lost to Hill by ten and losing to a 6L Georgetown Prep was not a fluke. With all due respect , a Delby , Darien or Landon imo would beat them handily n Summit n other top local publics in Conn, NJ n LI could play with them despite not having all the advantages mentioned.
Absolutely no disrespect taken, I was aware they lost some games in NJ & was really basing the difficulty of their schedule on the big games I've seen covered by IL & watched on TV. I probably shouldn't have made the schedule comment with such minimal knowledge. I appreciate your insight into NJ HS Lax. Still tough to fault a kid for going to IMG with their outrageous facilities & nutrition/training program but I can certainly see where you're coming from as far as competition.

Helmer is a Summit kid & I absolutely love his skill, toughness, & physicality. Ik many have suggested he get moved to SSDM but I think he has AA potential at LSM & can see him doing just that as a Senior after Fusco graduates.

F8C8FA7A-F399-4DE0-9F99-19CADD5F9262.png

Hopefully our next crease man. I like his stick fakes and the way he possesses the ball in traffic. I don’t see much in the way of creating but not really necessary for a crease guy.

With the loss of a certain attackman to Michigan. Donnelly becomes a very important recruit and probably the # 1 or 2 recruit in this class. His continued improvement is going to be huge.

Last edited:

He is able to dodge and score more often than I expected. He is more than a finisher. That being said he scores a lot of the crease as a finisher. What makes me a little nervous is that he holds the ball of a while when he finishes, it seems like he is a second away from being stripped. He also face dodges a lot. I’m not sure how those parts of his game will translate to the college game. He’s an exciting prospect going forward

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom