New Indoor Practice Facility... | Syracusefan.com

New Indoor Practice Facility...

orangeinjersey

All Conference
Do our board insiders know what is being shown to various donors? Is it the white, Melo Center looking structure that can be found on the net, or is it the Airplane hangar design that was floated around when Marrone was first hired? I tried searching for a google image cache but couldnt find it. Essentially it was one of those airplane hangar designs that was built on our current outdoor fields. I remember SU had a page about it and everything, seems to be gone now. Anyone know for sure?

Do our board insiders know what is being shown to various donors? Is it the white, Melo Center looking structure that can be found on the net, or is it the Airplane hangar design that was floated around when Marrone was first hired? I tried searching for a google image cache but couldnt find it. Essentially it was one of those airplane hangar designs that was built on our current outdoor fields. I remember SU had a page about it and everything, seems to be gone now. Anyone know for sure?
This is the last I remember.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2012/4...l-practice-facilty-desgns-architecture-orange

I had a conversation with one of the engineers on the project about 1.5 to 2 years ago. The plan was to start construction Spring 2012 and was going to be built where Schwartzwalder field is today. The plan was to mimic the Jets practice facility in design. This is where SU practiced during Pinstripe 1.

Apparently, they had about 75% of the required donations to start the build...but then the entire project was placed on hold.

Its possible those funds were used to update the locker rooms instead. What I can say with certainty is that there were definetly plans in place (with timeline) to build the Jets facility.

Where it stands today, I have no idea.

If 75% was already in and what they did was improve the locker rooms like they did, I'd be pissed if I were Marrone as well. It's like putting used brakes you got at a dump for your Yugo.

Has the University delivered a short-term/long-term plan for capital projects for football? I'm sure there's a plan but they don't seem to be sharing it with the public.
It's not a public university so I'm assuming it's easier to keep this type of info from getting out, although it's not clear why they'd do that.

Is fundraising information being kept more secretive because it's going poorly?

If 75% was already in and what they did was improve the locker rooms like they did, I'd be pissed if I were Marrone as well. It's like putting used brakes you got at a dump for your Yugo.

If you read Marrone's quote in another thread about the locker room upgrades, he doesn't sound too pissed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

coach with national recognition-check, recent success-check, history-check, good acedemics-check, facilities- ummmm... well get back to you!

I am late to the party on this one, so forgive these two questions if they sound redundant. ..
1) what is the total expected cost for this new facility?
And
2) is there no football equivalent to Carmelo (I can think of a couple) in a position to fund one if these? And this is a legit question. I know there are no perfect parallels

If you read Marrone's quote in another thread about the locker room upgrades, he doesn't sound too pissed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

My point bees is if the money that was raised for elsewhere is now instead been used on the locker rooms. Maybe pissed is too much anger, disappointed but again I'm probably just looking for something that isn't there and just posting as a therapeutic type of thing.

I was under impression that Manley had worked out better than planned- that the money wss therefore directed in the short-term to the other upgrades we have discussed.

But the new indoor facility remained on the drawing board.

I was under impression that Manley had worked out better than planned- that the money wss therefore directed in the short-term to the other upgrades we have discussed.

But the new indoor facility remained on the drawing board.

i never bought the criticism that the field was too short. no one can outkick or throw an 80 yard field. i'd be curious to get a list of projects and price tags prioritized by the people here who'd know what they're talking about (ie not me)