New Offer in the South | Syracusefan.com

New Offer in the South

huge offer list -- why all of a sudden do we offer? was the staff tipped off of some interest by him towards Cuse?

Probably an Adkins kid...maybe has a relationship already?

Well here is hoping we can make a late push on this kid

huge offer list -- why all of a sudden do we offer? was the staff tipped off of some interest by him towards Cuse?

He watched us beat the crap out of WVU and said ... "hey I like those guys" and called Marrone this morning.

Hope we have a legit shot, and not just getting our hopes up. Nice physical tools to work with by the looks of it.

...and not to overemphasize the obvious, but these Florida (and more recently Georgia) kids seem to compete or play immediately for us and are making significant impact. Just off the top of my head:

Lynch
Eskridge
Desir
Wales
Bromley
Provo
Wilkes
Scott
Graham
Anderson
Lyn
Holmes

Wow!

...and not to overemphasize the obvious, but these Florida (and more recently Georgia) kids seem to compete or play immediately for us and are making significant impact. Just off the top of my head:

Lynch
Eskridge
Desir
Wales
Bromley
Provo
Wilkes
Scott
Graham
Anderson
Lyn
Holmes

Wow!

Bromley was NY... and ironically, one of the most desired of the southern kids we were able to land, Max B., has barely set foot on the field.

Bromley was NY... and ironically, one of the most desired of the southern kids we were able to land, Max B., has barely set foot on the field.

P Thomas is from FL as well ...
plus we landed Parris in this upcoming class
Also we snared Kris Curtis from GA who is redshirting this season.
Also Wilkes ...
Oh and Addazio who is redshirting is from FL

...yes, very ironic because most of the others were more of the "quieter/sleeper" recruits from Florida. Note that most are Marrone recruits, though. I know his recruiting strategy has been challenged on the board, just trying to show another perspective.

P Thomas is from FL as well ...
plus we landed Parris in this upcoming class
Also we snared Kris Curtis from GA who is redshirting this season.
Also Wilkes ...
Oh and Addazio who is redshirting is from FL

Yes, Wilkes was on my list...the others have not been impact/competing yet. bit wow, what a list.

It's been a long time since we can get this number of Florida kids on the roster. This is Marrone's early attempt at getting southern Florida kids. The list is long...his plan is NY kids for the long term (I mean it may take a RS year and some resistance training and experience to the speed of D1 to get them to higher level D1)and the best Fla kids he can get now...recruiting for Marrone is long term, and I like his plan.

If he can be succussful, then he can recuit nationally and regionally. I understand what he is doing and what his long term plan is, he can't simply just start recruiting the best players from Florida or Ga in a blink of the eye. He is getting the best he can, they are making an impact, he's working on NY kids long term (great athletes but not great D1 FB players YET). He definitely understands recruiting for SU and the difficulties involved, but his plan is long term and short term (very difficult understanding the extremely low depts this program has endured recently.)

You cannot understand the difficulty of his positition. He does understand it and he has a long term plan. He's working far more quickly than we understand.

Yes, Wilkes was on my list...the others have not been impact/competing yet. bit wow, what a list.

It's been a long time since we can get this number of Florida kids on the roster. This is Marrone's early attempt at getting southern Florida kids. The list is long...his plan is NY kids for the long term (I mean it may take a RS year and some resistance training and experience to the speed of D1 to get them to higher level D1)and the best Fla kids he can get now...recruiting for Marrone is long term, and I like his plan.

If he can be succussful, then he can recuit nationally and regionally. I understand what he is doing and what his long term plan is, he can't simply just start recruiting the best players from Florida or Ga in a blink of the eye. He is getting the best he can, they are making an impact, he's working on NY kids long term (great athletes but not great D1 FB players YET). He definitely understands recruiting for SU and the difficulties involved, but his plan is long term and short term (very difficult understanding the extremely low depts this program has endured recently.)

You cannot understand the difficulty of his positition. He does understand it and he has a long term plan. He's working far more quickly than we understand.

On a related note, we have a long history of recruiting B-listers from Florida who end up being impact players for SU. I'm excited about what the coaching staff is doing in the Sunshine State, and look forward to continuing the aforementioned trend.

I think if you look at the offer list there are a couple of trends. Lots of Northern schools; BC, Buffalo, Pitt, Temple, Indiana and Ohio. As well as some 'smart' schools like Vandy. Kid might want to head North and that's why Syracuse is involved now.

Sort of similar to Cam Lynch.

Going after these type of recruits will only be easier now that we are going to the ACC. In the very least we should be able to get more looks from recruits that might not have considered us before. Don't forget we've been hitting Georgia as well - not really hard but I'm happy with 1 - 2 Georgia kids every year.

I think if you look at the offer list there are a couple of trends. Lots of Northern schools; BC, Buffalo, Pitt, Temple, Indiana and Ohio. As well as some 'smart' schools like Vandy. Kid might want to head North and that's why Syracuse is involved now.

Sort of similar to Cam Lynch.

The only reason Lynch didn't have everyone and their brother knocking down his door is because of his height ... the kid is just a gamer ... period. Brookwood put out another kid similar to Lynch, prior to Lynch Rennie Curran was a Brookwood star who ended up playing at UGA and is now with the Titans. Lynch's coach has stated emphatically that Lynch is as good as Curran or better ... just not as big ...

Ive watched him in warmups over this season. Its just warmups, but he drops many...does not look comfortable catching the ball at this point.

Ive watched him in warmups over this season. Its just warmups, but he drops many...does not look comfortable catching the ball at this point.

Just never was sold on him being a great recruit. Love the fact we were establishing relationships in Florida, but he didn't appear overly fast or big, and I don't recall his stats being super impressive if he was one of those tapped out kids. But, he had a ton of offers and three stars, so I was happy. Hopefully he gets it worked out and can someday make an impact.

My thought on Max if we get more quality TE depth=inside LB.

Another thought on the season:
Our kick off special teams unit has been getting some fierce licks in. Kicks have been short so its not showing in stats.

My thought on Max if we get more quality TE depth=inside LB.

Another thought on the season:
Our kick off special teams unit has been getting some fierce licks in. Kicks have been short so its not showing in stats.

Hey now, if we go with an old fashioned bone-crunching MLB I say stick Brantley there. Then he can go move up to the middle of the line on passing downs... He shall be the next Kevin Mitchell!

Hey now, if we go with an old fashioned bone-crunching MLB I say stick Brantley there. Then he can go move up to the middle of the line on passing downs... He shall be the next Kevin Mitchell!

Marrone remarked that developing Davis is keeping them in the 4-3 but they will have some 3-4 looks in future. Brantley will fit in well.