New rivalry question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New rivalry question

Punctuation or opponents?
giphy.gif

Too much typing on the phone so I use the Mic. This is not a test. Come on bud u can do it. Read it or dont read it, my goodness lol
Remember we kid because we like you...BTW, great question

No, in a perfect world there'd be an annual Blue-Orange/Orange-Blue Game and VPI would be playing UConn in the AAC.
Why do you want to play Illinois so bad? And what about Syracuse?

Wait. We’d get to wear Syracuse jerseys in a perfect world, and we wouldn’t be relegated to a mishmash of clown suits and Georgetown grey (puke) “uniforms.”

I’m in.

No not at all they the big 10 was talking about getting rid of the divisions and hopefully we (the ACC)would follow suite. Saw it talked about on some sites but somewhat doubtful anything will come of it unfortunately.
We wanted to do it before anyone else did, but the SEC and B1G shot it down. It's in all three conferences' best interests to adopt 3-5-5.

We wanted to do it before anyone else did, but the SEC and B1G shot it down. It's in all three conferences' best interests to adopt 3-5-5.
Delaney was being a turd...he wanted to create instability for the ACC...now he sees the possibility it could be good for the B1G too.

I wish we played Ped St or the ‘Girls as the last game of the year. Never gonna happen. But it’d be fun. Inter conference game year end is the way to go.

I'm wondering who do y'all think are our rivals now and who do u think in the ACC or anywhere else has the chance to become a rival with the cuse. I think getting outta the big East to the ACC and over time it will happen. We have the obvious choices of Pitt and BC but to be honest I don't think either one of them have materialised in too much of a rivalry which is why BC or either one of them on the last game of the year for us anymore & I don't think they should be. like I said before I think Clemson have the opportunity to become a rivalry and if you keep playing games like we have the past two years I think it's inevitable and for many reasons that would be the best-case scenario but I said in a message earlier that I think maybe we should consider Rutgers as a always end-of-the-year rivalry possibly at a neutral field I don't know where but or maybe just alternating HomeAway but like I was saying I like how Florida and Georgia do it but I'm not sure if we have the fan base for that but I know there's a lot of hatred between these two teams. I know I hate them. I know we still have that 300 some odd page rutgers dumpster sucks something thread and i must say I get a kick outta it when I read it lol. Also were bordering states, fighting over alot of the same recruits in the same area so has the opportunity to turn into something I would think at least better than Boston College and pit could or are now. would like to hear other people's thoughts on that and what teams do they think. I mean you can't forget about West Virginia of course either but right now I don't look at them much of a rival anymore
I think your biggest rival is punctuation.;)
Honestly, I like having BC as a rival. Classic Northeast football matchup. Compete for a lot of the same recruits, and it's a pretty well matched rivalry. I'm of the mindset that to be a real rival, there needs to be a bit of a history (none with Clemson in the grand scheme of things), needs to be an evenly matched game most years (despite a win, and a close game the last 2 years, these 2 are not evenly matched) and most importantly, the fan base of the other team should consider you their rival. I'm guessing 90% of Clemson fans would not view us as a rival, but rather a pesky little up and comer that they should no longer take for granted.
That being said, as of now, BC is the closest thing we've got. 10-15 years from now, if we can manage to play even head to head with Clemson, maybe it could be them, but it's doubtful to me.
Just my opinion.

I wish we played Ped St or the ‘Girls as the last game of the year. Never gonna happen. But it’d be fun. Inter conference game year end is the way to go.
Trading off w/ Pitt to end the year vs either PSU or WVU would be ideal. That arrangement would give every SU student/player (and every Pitt student/player) an opportunity to experience @PSU&WVU, PSU/WVU at home. The ND years would be tough schedule-wise, but we could cupcake the heck out of the rest of the schedule, with an occasional extra “P5” game against a regional down team (Rutgers and UMD), or Army/Navy (if RU/UMD doesn’t work for whatever reason).

A schedule of BC-PITT-PSU/WVU, with semi-regular games vs UMD/RU/Army/Navy & ND would be great for NE football. It would also balance out the southern tilt in our ACC schedule. We could then use our 2-3 OOC games to play a local fcs team and 1-2 Sun Belt/Mac teams for easy wins and more exposure wherever we want to recruit.

I think your biggest rival is punctuation.;)

Can't have a rival that you're not competitive against. Punctuation has been kicking that posters ass on the reg. :p

T
Who are we kidding, its pitt.

This is not a question. Its pitt. They took advantage and ruined what couldve been an orange bowl top 10 year. They screw with us at least bi annually. We cant win at pitt.

Its pitt
There are reasons to dislike both, and either fits the 'regional rival model' mentioned in Post 19. As you point out, Pitt has no fans and has done more damage to our record lately than BC. Adding insult to injury they stole their star RB out of Buffalo. For me, however, it seems like BC players hate our guys, and I don't see SU players stoking it. There is also animosity between the fan bases that reflects many past NY-Boston sports rivalries. And it's more than a little weird that, after all those Jesuit classes, BC players think it's cool to knee and punch SU guys at the bottom of the pile. So my vote is BC, and I think Dungey might agree (note the perfect background jam):

Eric Dungey involved in sideline fight at Boston College (video)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom