New strategy...Launch quickly and send everybody to the glass? | Syracusefan.com

New strategy...Launch quickly and send everybody to the glass?

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
I don’t know how many times today the SC kept dwindling down and ODU wasn’t even deploying any sort of press or even harassing Frank/Carey much. Just can’t have that.

There will be more games to come where we can’t shake our defenders easily and every offensive possession is a root canal. I feel like a lot energy is exerted and wasted on a lot of our possessions. The constant overdribbling also getting into trouble when a defender quickly leaves his man and strips an SU player driving from their blindside. I don’t know. We jack anyways and it seems to be allowed so jack sooner? Maybe guys can get some dunk putbacks or something easy.

Boeheim should not allow threes during given scrimmages. These guys gotta get back to basketball 101

There will be more games to come where we can’t shake our defenders easily and every offensive possession is a root canal.

I’m sure there will, as that has been every SU game. Since 2014.

Boeheim should not allow threes during given scrimmages. These guys gotta get back to basketball 101
Probably better to have everyone crash into the lane where Chukwu or Sidibe are wandering around aimlessly along with their defender.

Also, shooting threes is basketball 101 in 2018.

Probably better to have everyone crash into the lane where Chukwu or Sidibe are wandering around aimlessly along with their defender.

Also, shooting threes is basketball 101 in 2018.
Shooting 3's is fine, but like Sobe and a few others have said repeatedly this season, the passing the ball around the perimeter for 30 seconds and then hoisting up a bad, contested 3 is horrible. This team isn't a very high IQ team. They have to be constantly reminded that they need to get in the lane, get to the basket, and score or get to the free throw line. Marek needs to play more and not at the center position. He's the smartest player on the court most of the time and needs to shoot more. When he plays the 5, he barely gets looked at.