New York State High School Championships: Finals Preview | Syracusefan.com

New York State High School Championships: Finals Preview

GC's Soph FOGO James Sullivan, IL's #2 rated in class of 2015, dominated the X in the 2nd half. JD didn't even possess the ball until 8 mins into the 3rd, after GC had already scored 5 straight to make it 8-3, & that was only after a sketchy FO procedure call on Sullivan. Evans only touched the ball 2-3 times in the 2nd half & finished with 1-1, all in the 1st. Both he & Firman played hard until the end, as Evans was moved to middie in the 4th & single handedly caused 2-3 turnovers. Multiple JD players, Evans & Firman NOT included, accepted their runner-up medals & immediately walked over to toss them in the trash can

GC's Soph FOGO James Sullivan, IL's #2 rated in class of 2015, dominated the X in the 2nd half. JD didn't even possess the ball until 8 mins into the 3rd, after GC had already scored 5 straight to make it 8-3, & that was only after a sketchy FO procedure call on Sullivan. Evans only touched the ball 2-3 times in the 2nd half & finished with 1-1, all in the 1st. Both he & Firman played hard until the end, as Evans was moved to middie in the 4th & single handedly caused 2-3 turnovers. Multiple JD players, Evans & Firman NOT included, accepted their runner-up medals & immediately walked over to toss them in the trash can

Do whatever it takes to get this guy coach Desko.

Not going to happen. Kids from Garden City do not traditionally come to SU. They go to Ivies, UVa or Duke for the most part. GC is a very affluent town, with that comes certain educational expectations. With zero knowledge I say this kid goes to Harvard or Duke.

Not going to happen. Kids from Garden City do not traditionally come to SU. They go to Ivies, UVa or Duke for the most part. GC is a very affluent town, with that comes certain educational expectations. With zero knowledge I say this kid goes to Harvard or Duke.

Very good point - most of the good LI players were going to all of the schools you mentioned. I watched most of the finals games and it seemed like the announcers mentioned the same group of schools plus G'town.

I think as Section III talent goes, so goes SU!

I know they must've been disappointed, but that's not a very classy move by those kids. I hope Archer spoke to them about it.

I know they must've been disappointed, but that's not a very classy move by those kids. I hope Archer spoke to them about it.
I hope he did more than spoke to them. If they're juniors, they're suspended from the opener next year. If they're seniors they dont attend any banquet that may be left. If banquets are all done, they individually call the NYSPHAA and apologize for making a mockery of someones hard work ordering and securing the medals, etc.

If he just spoke to them I'd be extremely disappointed.

I hope he did more than spoke to them. If they're juniors, they're suspended from the opener next year. If they're seniors they dont attend any banquet that may be left. If banquets are all done, they individually call the NYSPHAA and apologize for making a mockery of someones hard work ordering and securing the medals, etc.

If he just spoke to them I'd be extremely disappointed.
Agree completely. I was just making a quick response.

We have a GC Faceoff man at Cuse already....but he plays for the football team! Ryan Norton!

We have a GC Faceoff man at Cuse already....but he plays for the football team! Ryan Norton!

Seriously, I wonder if Desko would have him try out in the winter/spring, obviously he cannot participate in any fall ball activities. At this point, no stone should be unturned.

If they threw their medals out is it not being classy or being poor sport ? I don't know. I think not shaking hands is being a poor sport but I can't really frown on a kid who's so disappointed he lost that he throws his runner up medal out. It's not like they dissed the team that beat them. I can go either way on this one.

They're young kids. Hopefully they went back and retrieved the medals. Down the road they'll regret having thrown them away. It's quite an accomplishment to get to a State Championship.

Seriously, I wonder if Desko would have him try out in the winter/spring, obviously he cannot participate in any fall ball activities. At this point, no stone should be unturned.
It is not a Desko decision, that is a Shafer and Norton decision.

It is not a Desko decision, that is a Shafer and Norton decision.

Certainly Norton would have to have interest in playing Lacrosse that is a given. I dont think Shafer would have much issue with him playing, were not talking about asking for permission for a Broyld or Dyshawn Davis.

Certainly Norton would have to have interest in playing Lacrosse that is a given. I dont think Shafer would have much issue with him playing, were not talking about asking for permission for a Broyld or Dyshawn Davis.
He's the kickoff guy. The other guy can't get it past the 10 yard line. I'd say the chances are slim and none.

He's the kickoff guy. The other guy can't get it past the 10 yard line. I'd say the chances are slim and none.

He might not have any interest like I said, but if we don't have any new faceoff guys coming for the fall I dont see the harm in at least looking into it.