Newest Lunardi | Syracusefan.com

Newest Lunardi

Belmont's a tough 12. 33rd in KenPom, and sure to have the crowd on their side in the second half if the game is close.

Not really a fan of potentially seeing OSU in round 2. They aren't a true 5 seed.

really hoping we can do enough down the stretch to get a 3 seed. you avoid the 1 seed in the sweet 16, and avoid a 4/5 game in 2nd round which is basically a toss up. not that a 3/6 game is a big difference

Not really a fan of potentially seeing OSU in round 2. They aren't a true 5 seed.

There resume is similar to ours. Have some nice wins, but a top 2o team should get some home wins against really good teams -- they have had plenty of opportunities against good teams -- and are 5-8 vs top 50. Its the resume of a 4/5 type team.

They also don't have any road or neutral wins of note -- we have Louisville.

honestly, other than avoiding a 1 (especially with Indiana in Indy) I'm not sure how much of a difference there is gonna be. When you look at the more advanced ratings systems and compare them to the seedings, you often see huge discrepancies.

The Ohio State matchup would make me nervous because we've seen what happens if Triche and MCW don't play well. They have Craft and Smith, two great on ball perimeter defenders who could give our two guys a tough time and make things difficult for us.

Worst part is its San Jose
im ok with that, it makes for better tv times for us on the East Coast.

none of that noon on a thurs shlit. tipoff would either be during Happy Hour or during the evening.

and im not sorry if all you little nancyboys cant stay awake to watch the Orange if it tips at 10pm or later.
:eek:

Oh Lord

none of that noon on a thurs shlit. tipoff would either be during Happy Hour or during the evening.

and im not sorry if all you little nancyboys cant stay awake to watch the Orange if it tips at 10pm or later.

Oh Lord

Happy hour on the first thursday of March Madness is actually from 12 PM to 1aM.
so odds are we will play during happy hour

Happy hour on the first thursday of March Madness is actually from 12 PM to 1aM.
so odds are we will play during happy hour
fair enough.

really hoping we can do enough down the stretch to get a 3 seed. you avoid the 1 seed in the sweet 16, and avoid a 4/5 game in 2nd round which is basically a toss up. not that a 3/6 game is a big difference

We really need to get the #3 seed to avoid the #1 if we can get to the sweet 16. Agree that there's not much difference between the 3/6 v. 4/5 assuming the higher seeds make it out of the 1 st round.

The Ohio State matchup would make me nervous because we've seen what happens if Triche and MCW don't play well. They have Craft and Smith, two great on ball perimeter defenders who could give our two guys a tough time and make things difficult for us.
The O/U on how many times Craft would pick MCW's pocket would be set at about 5 1/2.

We really need to get the #3 seed to avoid the #1 if we can get to the sweet 16. Agree that there's not much difference between the 3/6 v. 4/5 assuming the higher seeds make it out of the 1 st round.

To be honest, there isn't much difference between the 1/4 or 2/3 in the Sweet 16, either, IMO.

To be honest, there isn't much difference between the 1/4 or 2/3 in the Sweet 16, either, IMO.

Agreed, like I said, the one that really worries me is Indiana in Indy.

Oh Lord

Yea I know. Planned on going if they were in driving distance so I was being selfish.

A 4/5 seed gets it much harder in the first two rounds. 12 and 13 seeds are far better then 14 or 15 seeds. The only break you get is if you make it past round 1, you often face a 12 or 13 in round two.

Yea I know. Planned on going if they were in driving distance so I was being selfish.

You're such a selfish, warm-weather fan. The real fans are going no matter where it is.

Slacker.

A 4/5 seed gets it much harder in the first two rounds. 12 and 13 seeds are far better then 14 or 15 seeds. The only break you get is if you make it past round 1, you often face a 12 or 13 in round two.

This is true.

I was solely referring to the matchup in the round of 16, and possible matchups between 1/4 and 2/3.

This year you're right. I'm just so used to 1 seeds being dominant teams you wanna avoid them as long as possible. Not the case this year. Id rather play miami in a 4 vs 1 game in sweet 16 than florida in a 3 vs 2. But who the knows, this tourny is gonna be 1 big clusteefu*k

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

We need a 2 or 3 seed and hopefully no one in our bracket with a good, tough center.

I agree with Marsh. The only bad part about this road is San Jose. I think we'd handle OSU this time around.

Getting Miami in DC?

OSU is a terrible match up for us, want to part of them. Much too physical for our frontcourt. Ravenel is like Gardner.Craft would hound MCW and disrupt the whole offense. Pass.