News from the AFCA... | Syracusefan.com

News from the AFCA...

Specifically for rebuilding programs it would be a much appreciated change. Too many kids burn a year as a true frosh when they aren't physically ready because they are forced into action due to limited depth and injuries.

I wonder if they’d cap the actual number of plays allowed to still keep the redshirt. If you’re know you’re not going to make a bowl do you let all your freshman play the last 3-4 games to make up for the 15 missed Bowl practices?

I say go big - everybody's five to play five. That's it.

Let's put this redshirt bull hokey and stuff it in a locker, er, in the past.
unless you expand the number of total scholarships, a 5 to play 5 rule for everyone would reduce the number of kids who can play D1 football.

I wonder if they’d cap the actual number of plays allowed to still keep the redshirt. If you’re know you’re not going to make a bowl do you let all your freshman play the last 3-4 games to make up for the 15 missed Bowl practices?

Only if you know you won’t get fired for losing those 3-4 games. Still have to play to win and keep your job.

unless you expand the number of total scholarships, a 5 to play 5 rule for everyone would reduce the number of kids who can play D1 football.
So?

Also, 5 to play 5 would be for every sport.

Last edited:
No, it won't. The teams will always have 85 guys on scholarship. A lot of kids will take their degrees and walk after 4 years.
It will help the lesser schools get more good players.

No, it won't. The teams will always have 85 guys on scholarship. A lot of kids will take their degrees and walk after 4 years.
It will help the lesser schools get more good players.
I think he is talking about kids like Zaire and Paris who now have their degrees and are forced to leave after four years. They clearly wouldn't be forced to move on right now, so as such we would have less slots for incoming freshman...

Way back when 16 year olds would drive the school buses in the south. Isn't that a scary thought.
At least they didn’t have smartphones to distract them back then... ;)

Rules to help programs, athletes, and coaches. Waiting for one to help the student academically, medically, financially (I am not saying paying athletes)... Perhaps I could spin the longer preseason to prevent injuries and get them enrolled into summer classes, but I highly doubt that was their motivation.

Eighth grade was the best four years of my life! :p
SApSR8F.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom