stupid poll

• stupid 1

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • stupid 2

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

cuseinseattle

All American
Our next 4 games are at 'Ville, Pitt and Nova and home against Cinci. How do people think this will play out? I think we lost at 'Ville and win the other 3. Thoughts?

either 3-1 or 2-2, im torn on the pitt game. gun to my head ill go with 3-1

2-2 with wins agains Louisville and nova. Won't be shocked with anything from 4-0 to 1-3 though. This is as tough a stretch as we have had in years, though nothing will beat the gauntlet in 09 when we had like 7 games against top 25 teams in a 10 game stretch.

Our next 4 games are at 'Ville, Pitt and Nova and home against Cinci. How do people think this will play out? I think we lost at 'Ville and win the other 3. Thoughts?

At Louisville is the toughest - we don't have the ball handlers we usually have. Their press is going to give us problems.

Despite their recent downturn, I still think Pitt is back to being Pitt this year. At Fitzgerald is going to also be tough, just on tradition.

Nova won't play as well against us next time. We will match their physicality better. Home against Cinci will be an ugly game, but that's the easiest of the bunch.

So many variables...Southerland, play of the freshmen, MCW decision making in crunch time, Triche leadership v disappearing act, etc. And as I had said in a different post, 2 of these games follow long lay-offs. NOT our strong suit. I say 2-2 at best, but I will be thrilled if I am wrong (and by extension, optimistic for the rest of the season if we pull off 3-1 or 4-0)

Id actually say it's the next 5 games as we have Notre Dame after the already mentioned 4. I think they are going to be a matchup nightmare for us this year. Sign me up for 3-2 and ill be extremely happy with that.

we will find out a lot after these next 5 games

no more than 2 losses

we will find out a lot after these next 5 games

no more than 2 losses

Agreed, next five will likely tell the tale of the season since that 5th game is ND. If we go 4-1 or 3-2 we have a great shot at the BE title.

If we go at least 3-2 I can see us finishing strong going 7-2 or 8-1 in the final 9 regular season games. Go into a tailspin and lose confidence in the next five, we'll still make the tourney but it likely won't end well.

Cheers,
Neil

I say we go 2-2, sign me up in a second for 3-1. Would be flabbergasted by 4-0.

hoping for a sweep, of course, but I'm prepared for 2-3 and don't think anyone should jump off the ledge if that happens.

I keep saying it: this is not the usual JB team, in that it has a good chance to keep getting better as the season goes along. JB's teams are usually finished products right from the start, but the most talented players on this team are all underclassmen who are getting their first real playing time.

I keep saying it: this is not the usual JB team, in that it has a good chance to keep getting better as the season goes along. JB's teams are usually finished products right from the start, but the most talented players on this team are all underclassmen who are getting their first real playing time.

I agree with that. Cooney and Dajuan showed signs of life and flashes of what they can be and that is good basketball players. Throw Grant in there as well. Confidence turns cubs into lions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-3. I'm sorry, but I see beating Nova and losing other 3. And a board meltdown which causes me to not even lurk for 4-5 days.

Note: I do not want for this to happen. If it does, I will be in a foul mood and small children/animals who encounter me will suffer. Please do not lump me in with the loss-wishers.

3-2 2-3 Pitt game is the one I can't get a feeling for

Boeheim said in his espn chat that he expects to lose some games in the next few weeks, and that it will be a good learning experience. I think we'll lose at Lville, beat Nova and Pitt, and I don't know about ND, but since we're playing them at home, I give us the win. 4-1. Seems overly optimistic.

I agree with that. Cooney and Dajuan showed signs of life and flashes of what they can be and that is good basketball players. Throw Grant in there as well. Confidence turns cubs into lions.

While the improvement of Cooney, DC2, and Grant is nice, that is really development for future years.

I think the improvement of the young players that will help this year are MCW, and Rak. MCW, although good now, just needs to improve his shooting percentage to be a super star. Two games ago we saw what Rak could provide. If we can get those two things going at a regular clip come March we will be a very dangerous team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom