Next, batter up, changing of the guard, Onward HO!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

Next, batter up, changing of the guard, Onward HO!!!!!

kcsu

Living Legend
The minute that our beloved HCDM decided to interview for the NFL openings he was gone. I truly believe that Doug would never interview any place just for the heck of it or to make himself seem more important and valuable to HS recruits or to create leverage at SU. No he has flipped a switch and is gone. If he stays it will not be because of some miracle commitment by the BOT it will be because he is either not selected for one of the openings or the offer he recieves from the NFL has too many strings attached. As the great Robin Williams said in Mrs Doubtfire. "Brace yourself Evvy"

The minute that our beloved HCDM decided to interview for the NFL openings he was gone. I truly believe that Doug would never interview any place just for the heck of it or to make himself seem more important and valuable to HS recruits or to create leverage at SU. No he has flipped a switch and is gone. If he stays it will not be because of some miracle commitment by the BOT it will be because he is either not selected for one of the openings or the offer he recieves from the NFL has too many strings attached. As the great Robin Williams said in Mrs Doubtfire. "Brace yourself Evvy"
you are only gone if someone hires you. No one has hired him yet and they probably won't. And once he is still here, things may change. Having said that, he isn't irreplaceable. Syracuse football will go on. I mean, we couldn't hire another g-rob. There isn't another one out there.

Exactly what I was told. He doesn't play games and he is gone. Remember he has 1 year left on his contract so he will be paid either way.

However, I do believe amends can be made if he is shown much love (meaning verifiable support for staff & facilities) and $$$$$. It's really that simple. SU has shown no love or money from what I have learned meaning commitment. The love & $$$$$ needs to happen real soon - before he interviews or like you said if offered, he is done and gone. He doesn't play games.

Exactly what I was told. He doesn't play games and he is gone. Remember he has 1 year left on his contract so he will be paid either way.

However, I do believe amends can be made if he is shown much love (meaning verifiable support for staff & facilities) and $$$$$. It's really that simple. SU has shown no love or money from what I have learned meaning commitment. The love & $$$$$ needs to happen real soon - before he interviews or like you said if offered, he is done and gone. He doesn't play games.
He isn't irreplaceable. If he is unhappy, he should leave. Contrary to what some on this board think tonight, we will survive.

Look Jake said years ago all he wanted was to be around the top 25, and once in awhile the top 10. The university is a private university whose mission is academic, sports are secondary, and those is no indication that the statement Jake made years ago has changed there.

Have you always been prone to hysteria? Oh Lord

Have you always been prone to hysteria? Oh Lord
what dont you agree with? do you think that doug is interviewing for fun?

Look Jake said years ago all he wanted was to be around the top 25, and once in awhile the top 10. The university is a private university whose mission is academic, sports are secondary, and those is no indication that the statement Jake made years ago has changed there.

I want to drive an Aston Martin, but if I'm only willing to spend $50k, I'm not going to be driving an Aston Martin.

It's extremely unrealistic to expect us to be a top 25 program when we're not willing to invest like top 25 programs do. And it's extremely unfair to the coaching staff as well.

I just don't think Doug is going to be an NFL coach next year. I live in the Buffalo area. The Buffalo fans would go ballistic if Doug Marrone were hired as the next Bills coach. I think this would be the case for any of the NFL openings.

I want to drive an Aston Martin, but if I'm only willing to spend $50k, I'm not going to be driving an Aston Martin.

This goes to show everyone is different. I sold cars for 8 years and had more than enough hours spent riding around with doucheb@gs who had no intention of purchasing a vehicle.

It's extremely unrealistic to expect us to be a top 25 program when we're not willing to invest like top 25 programs do. And it's extremely unfair to the coaching staff as well.

Not willing to spend like a top 25 program, or unable to spend like a top 25 program?

It's easy to spend like the Yankees ... if you're the Yankees. It's not so easy if you're the KC Royals.

I just don't think Doug is going to be an NFL coach next year. I live in the Buffalo area. The Buffalo fans would go ballistic if Doug Marrone were hired as the next Bills coach. I think this would be the case for any of the NFL openings.
Buffalo fans thought Rob Johnson was their "quarterback of the future". Turns out they were somewhat prophetic but not the way they meant it. Don't know that their fans will be dictating who coaches next.

Not willing to spend like a top 25 program, or unable to spend like a top 25 program?

It's easy to spend like the Yankees ... if you're the Yankees. It's not so easy if you're the KC Royals.

So simply said yet so hard for some to grasp. It's why donors are so important for any capital project.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

And that's the point - is this a situation where we don't have the resources to compete at that level anymore on a regular basis, or a situation where we could have the resource or do have the resources but the administration is unwilling to open the purse. I really don't know. But what I do know is that it's a hell of a lot easier to compete with the Yankees on a regular basis when you're spending half of what they spend than when you're spending a quarter of what they spend. We're stepping up in conferences, there's going to be more money around - it needs to be reinvested in the program and this is a critical fork in the road right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom