Next Head Coach at Penn State | Syracusefan.com

Next Head Coach at Penn State

Schiano has his agents working the phones. no way does a big name coach comes in with this mess.

some over on the psu are hoping for Coach Urban Meyers.He will go to OSU long before he would considered pen. st.
that would be hilarious if he went to penn state.. leave RU hopless..lol

Paul Pasqualoni would be a great disinfectant for the next two years of debauchery there. He's an alum and would be willing to prob do 2-3 years.

I would think that job would be a bit nuclear for a while. Not sure who would want to undertake that monster right now.

Yeah, but you're always going to have some up-n-comer or someone at a crap big school (think Schiano) that would jump for the chance of resurrecting the disaster.

Schiano will be in the B1G, RU will not. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Paul Pasqualoni would be a great disinfectant for the next two years of debauchery there. He's an alum and would be willing to prob do 2-3 years.
You may be on to something.

Yeah, but you're always going to have some up-n-comer or someone at a crap big school (think Schiano) that would jump for the chance of resurrecting the disaster.

Agree, but you usually want to be the 2nd coach.

Would Al Golden be up to jumping from one fire to another?

IF PSU cleans house, I am not sure it will be that bad of a situation. There will be no NCAA sanctions and the scandal has taken the shine off of JoePa. Rather than being compared incessantly to Paterno and having to keep some of his coaches, this will allow a new coach a clean(er) slate than if he was simply following a legend.

The new coach will have to be able to make a distinction between the University and those in it who caused it harm when recruiting though.

al golden is in a much better situation where he is currently at
And that is REALLY saying something about how messy this PSU thing is.

almost 100% certain to not be a Penn State guy now. Who would have imagined that a year ago?

Golden and Schiano were both there at some time during all this. They could be toxic. I'm willing to bet everyone that coached there during any of this time had heard "something" even if they didn't witness the actual acts. They had to all see kids around and at least heard the rumors. They are all complicit IMO.

Golden (only one year) or Munchak would be the only guys I could think of with PSU connections that aren't too close.

Speaking of Schiano:

the_poet_normal.jpg

TheBigLead Jason McIntyre

Greg Schiano was going to go on Francesa today, but only if there would be no Penn State questions. Francesa said no. Schiano canceled.

Golden and Schiano were both there at some time during all this. They could be toxic. I'm willing to bet everyone that coached there during any of this time had heard "something" even if they didn't witness the actual acts. They had to all see kids around and at least heard the rumors. They are all complicit IMO.

Schiano was there from '91-'95 and Golden for one year in 2000.

Why in the world would they be complicit in anything?

My PSU list:
Mike Sherman (from Mass, G.A. at Pitt)
Greg Mattison
Gus Malzahn
Tim Beckman (Will need to hire someone for clock management)
Mike Munchak (Titans Head Coach, PState Alum)

Schiano was there from '91-'95 and Golden for one year in 2000.

Why in the world would they be complicit in anything?

Umm, maybe because they "heard" things or saw little boys with Sandusky. I don't know, if they had an suspicions at all they like the others did nothing but put their heads in the sand to protect PSU and Paterno. You do know this stuff was going on since the early 90's right? You do know how much time coaches spend together right?

Umm, maybe because they "heard" things or saw little boys with Sandusky. I don't know, if they had an suspicions at all they like the others did nothing but put their heads in the sand to protect PSU and Paterno. You do know this stuff was going on since the early 90's right? You do know how much time coaches spend together right?
Plus, you have to imagine that some of the other Asst. Coaches were involved in the camps. They'll be questioned just for that.

Here's the key, you don't know.

Yea, I know. It's common to have coaches who spend 16-20 hrs a day together and not notice one that brings little boys around campus, in the showers, hear "talk" etc. They must live in their own little world.

Yea, I know. It's common to have coaches who spend 16-20 hrs a day together and not notice one that brings little boys around campus, in the showers, hear "talk" etc. They must live in their own little world.

Agree 100%, hey Joe who is that little kid you are always with? Two weeks later, hey joe who is that little kid you are with? wow that seems strange?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom