Next Stop: National Championship | Syracusefan.com

Next Stop: National Championship

Flacusian

All Conference
Now that we've all sweated out the Southerland debacle, it's time to begin the push towards winning another National Championship. Several things have become abundantly clear during this episode.
1. No one team in the Country is a lock @ #1 much less a shoe-in for a National Title.
2. Jerami Grant is a big time baller and has gained invaluable experience durings James hiatus.
2.a Cooney has also gotten valuable experience and has shown marked improvement.
3. MCW would appear to have learned that his most important role is as a facilitator rather than a scorer
4. This team has conducted itself well in the face of great adversity
5. With Southerland back, our chance at winning it all is as good as anyone's!

I think we should dial it back just a touch, and see how the team plays with Dirty back in action before we annoying ourselves the best team in the country at the end of the year.

Not to say we can't, but it's a little over the top before we play so much as one game as a full unit...

Today and Wednesday will be very, very telling as to how this team is going to tackle the second half of the season. If they start rolling and win the next two by 15-20 points, it'll be a whole lot of fun. Remember, Dirty is also one of the guys on the floor that keeps the team loose. The losses to Nova and Pitt, you could see the frustration on the players faces. Plus, the fart defense should help in his corner.

Who is gonna beat us now with our defense alone. Perfect rotation setup with Fair/Dirty/Grant rotating at the forward spots and Roc/Keita at Center with Cooney occasionally spelling MCW or Triche. This team is built for a run, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride because I don't see anyone out there better than us.

images

Who is gonna beat us now with our defense alone. Perfect rotation setup with Fair/Dirty/Grant rotating at the forward spots and Roc/Keita at Center with Cooney occasionally spelling MCW or Triche. This team is built for a run, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride because I don't see anyone out there better than us.
There is no team in the country that has a 4-deep of forwards like SU. Fair, Dirty, Grant and Roc.

now the challenge is purely finding a chemistry with grant in the rotation.

now the challenge is purely finding a chemistry with grant in the rotation.

Agreed, that's why I wouldn't worry about some games the rest of the year. We may disappoint at times but it is purely getting this team ready for the big one now.

Now that we've all sweated out the Southerland debacle, it's time to begin the push towards winning another National Championship. Several things have become abundantly clear during this episode.
1. No one team in the Country is a lock @ #1 much less a shoe-in for a National Title.
2. Jerami Grant is a big time baller and has gained invaluable experience durings James hiatus.
2.a Cooney has also gotten valuable experience and has shown marked improvement.
3. MCW would appear to have learned that his most important role is as a facilitator rather than a scorer
4. This team has conducted itself well in the face of great adversity
5. With Southerland back, our chance at winning it all is as good as anyone's!

I agree that there are lots of positives to take from this but I'm still going to proceed with caution. Although their issues were different, most of us thought that Fab's eligibility problem was a closed matter until the eve of the NCAA tourney last year, only to have the rug pulled out from under our feet. Also, I've been a firm believer that we need solid, consistent interior play from Coleman to be a favorite for the FF or a NC and once he returns it's highly unlikely he'll make much of a contribution. Southy's return it a HUGE step in the right direction though. Good to see a senior, and our emotional team leader, get the rest of his season back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom