Next year OC | Syracusefan.com

Next year OC

kcsu

Living Legend
Question. If we dont improve this second half on O does DM keep Hack as OC? I believe that Hack is a good coach and will get better but i wonder if we might be better off hiring a true and tried OC. We could move Hack to QB coach Specials keep him on staff. I believe that if we turned this year D over to a young DC we would have terrible results. My point is that a good seasoned coach can make a huge difference. Lets find a Shafer for our O!

I don't think Hackett is going anywhere, nor do I think the offense would change that much if he did. This is HCDMs offense and I just don't see him running anything different.

Question. If we dont improve this second half on O does DM keep Hack as OC? I believe that Hack is a good coach and will get better but i wonder if we might be better off hiring a true and tried OC. We could move Hack to QB coach Specials keep him on staff. I believe that if we turned this year D over to a young DC we would have terrible results. My point is that a good seasoned coach can make a huge difference. Lets find a Shafer for our O!

All the offensive plays go through Marrone who makes the final call. He made that very clear a luncheon.

It's not Hackett who is missing the wide open receivers on the go routes or throwing passes at the TE ankles. The coaching staff if working hard to restore this program and O for one I will take a 4-2 record with a legit shot at a bowl game for the second straight year. They are doing it with 55 players on the roster who are freshman, redshirt freshman, and sophmores.

The coaching staff deserves 5 years to rebuild the mess left behind by GRob.

Well i think it depends on how the Offence does in the second half of the year. If the production dips a little bit or get alot better he is safe. If the offence goes from worse to falling off the map i could see a change. I look at him as a RS sophmore OC in that i just want to see him develop as a play caller throughout the year.

No matter who the OC is i'm sure i would disagree with certain plays being called so i wont sweat it. Also i have also seen alot of plays left on the field that the players didnt execute. Atleast 2 plays a game where wr's are running free in secondary that Nassib overthrew or didnt see and just checked down, he connects on those most people arent complaining atm.

Imo they really need to work on some deep pass chemistry. 3rd down is the worst so many overthrown passes missed run blocks and WR drops have killed more drives than play calling has imo. All these 3 and outs from poor execution has hurt by keeping the D on the field way to often and by not being able to atleast get a couple first downs and be able to flip field position.

It's not Hackett who is missing the wide open receivers on the go routes or throwing passes at the TE ankles. The coaching staff if working hard to restore this program and O for one I will take a 4-2 record with a legit shot at a bowl game for the second straight year. They are doing it with 55 players on the roster who are freshman, redshirt freshman, and sophmores.

If you think that the issues with this offense are solely Ryan's; are are sorely mistaken.

Question. If we dont improve this second half on O does DM keep Hack as OC?

I don't think so.

All the offensive plays go through Marrone who makes the final call. He made that very clear a luncheon.

We have a ton of experience on offense. The offense and Special teams have clearly been the weak links of the team since Marrone has come on. We don't have great talent on 'O', but have a good QB IMO when he is allowed to play with confidence and the line gives him a little time. Antwon is also pretty darn good. We should be pretty good on offense this year.

Well if we need a QB who can execute the O that Marrone is calling, then why hasn't he recruited a QB who has a shot at being successful at it? Every QB he has brought in is an athlete who is not know for his accuracy and will struggle mightily in this O. They will make Nassib look like Montana. Either the O system switches or Marrone will never be successful.

The mess of a record yes, and Marrone has already done that in spades. But as to talent, Marrone was left with a heck of a lot more than Grob was and it's not even close. Except for the 1 senior class, there wasn't anything on that roster Grob inherited. P drove recruiting right into the ground and lost his players to the point they told recruits not to come here...yet people make kudos Coach P posts.

If you think that the issues with this offense are solely Ryan's; are are sorely mistaken.
I am not blaming it solely on Nassib. The line play has not been great and who knows if the WR/TE is running the route properly. I just get frustrated with fans who call for the OC or HC to be fired because the offense is not playing great. Everyone shares the blame for the breakdowns on the field of play not just the coaching staff.

The mess of a record yes, and Marrone has already done that in spades. But as to talent, Marrone was left with a heck of a lot more than Grob was and it's not even close. Except for the 1 senior class, there wasn't anything on that roster Grob inherited. P drove recruiting right into the ground and lost his players to the point they told recruits not to come here...yet people make kudos Coach P posts.
I agree. I feel that this coaching staff deserves 5 years to prove thhat they have the ability to evaluate/recruit players that fit into their offensive and defensive schemes. If things are not working after five years on the offensive side of the ball then decisions need to be made.

I can't wait to see how this team looks on Friday night with two weeks to prepare for WVU??

Our problems are very far from being just Ryan, but Ryan is a part of the problem, and the board has been somewhat (understandably) resistant to that idea. Nassib has a 116 career QB rating vs. AQs, same as Andrew Robinson (but even Robinson averaged more yards).

I agree with GoCuse44, sometimes it is necessary to point out Ryan's struggles, simply because the board tends to blame everyone but Ryan: OL, WRs, coaching, and even RBs.

I don't think Hackett is going anywhere, nor do I think the offense would change that much if he did. This is HCDMs offense and I just don't see him running anything different.

What is "This offense"?

The D has a bit of an identity. The O...I just don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom