Living Legend
Assuming lydon is gone and no more additions
1 FH
2 TB
3 Moyer
4 TT
5 Sid
Edit away

A) This season has barely started, B) It's hard to worry about next year's team when they're not done recruiting, and C) Yikes.

I haven't seen enough of Matt to think he's a SF here. Ideally, they bring in a SF or solid SG and Battle moves to SF like Mali did. Brissett is also going to compete for minutes there. Moyer, I think will slot in as the PF with Thompson starting at C unless Chukwu really makes some kind of leap. I can't remember the last freshman C to start at SU and provide more than token minutes like Fab or Coleman, both of who were Mickie Ds.

Last edited:
A) This season has barely started, B) It's hard to worry about next year's team when they're not done recruiting, and C) Yikes.

I haven't seen enough of Matt to think he's a SF here. Ideally, they bring in a SF or solid SG and Battle moves to SF like Mali did. Brissett is also going to compete for minutes there. Moyer, I think will slot in as the PF with Thompson starting at C unless Chukwu really makes some kind of leap. I can't remember the last freshman C to start at SU and provide more than token minutes like Fab or Coleman, both of whom were Mickie Ds.

Agree with a lot of that. Moyer isn't a 3--he'll be a versatile 4 in our system.

Battle could also play the 3, as you suggest. But only if we bring in a legit starting 2 [prep recruit, JUCO, or 5th year transfer]. We need to land a starting caliber 2 or 3 to round out the roster. We should be adequate at the power positions.

If Lydon comes back
1) Frank
2) Battle
3) Oshae
4) Lydon
5) Thompson

Bench-Moyer, Sidibe, a guard we add

If Lydon does not come back replace Lydon with Moyer in the starting lineup. Pretty silly we are talking about this right now when there are so many unknowns about next year (will Lydon come back? Who else do we add out of high school? Do we take grad transfers?)

Assuming lydon is gone and no more additions
1 FH
2 TB
3 Moyer
4 TT
5 Sid
Edit away
Complete waste of time. Who had White and Gillon on this team a year ago at this time? No one. We will hit the 5th year market again. And we aren't done recruiting 2017 yet.

If Lydon comes back
1) Frank
2) Battle
3) Oshae
4) Lydon
5) Thompson

Bench-Moyer, Sidibe, a guard we add

If Lydon does not come back replace Lydon with Moyer in the starting lineup. Pretty silly we are talking about this right now when there are so many unknowns about next year (will Lydon come back? Who else do we add out of high school? Do we take grad transfers?)

The grad transfer aproach is mehhh if you ask me. Hope we get a solid 2018 start because I am not really a fan of it.

Kcsu, dude what has happened with you lately. First the Dino Babers leaving and now talking about next year's line up when we are just ready to start ACC play. I think you need some help -
upload_2016-12-28_20-41-45.jpeg

I am a fan of it. But for a guy that fills out your team. Not as a guy to come in and save your season.
Our role lately as D-League U. necessitated dipping into the 5th year grad market; it proves a failure of the recruit pipeline imo...

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure that the starters for BC will be the same as they were for Cornell...

:confused: :rolleyes:

Agree with a lot of that. Moyer isn't a 3--he'll be a versatile 4 in our system.

Battle could also play the 3, as you suggest. But only if we bring in a legit starting 2 [prep recruit, JUCO, or 5th year transfer]. We need to land a starting caliber 2 or 3 to round out the roster. We should be adequate at the power positions.

We need a PG as well IMO. Have to have options if Frank doesn't turn it around.

We need a PG as well IMO. Have to have options if Frank doesn't turn it around.

Agree 100%.

I was referring to minimum thresholds, but the reality is that we need to add a TON of depth at all three of the wing positions in this class.

And right now, we've basically added a PF and a C. Don't get me wrong--I like the potential of those two we've added, a LOT--but we didn't address our needs at the perimeter positions, in terms of needed to add both depth and at least one [and possibly more] starting caliber players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom