Next year's "depth chart" | Syracusefan.com

Next year's "depth chart"

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
This is not intended to be a "who is going to start" post, merely a listing of our current roster and recruits. If a player has eligibility they are listed:

PG: Frank Howard (jr), Howard Washington (fr)
SG: Tyus Battle (so)
SF: Tyler Lydon (jr), Matthew Moyer (r-fr)
PF: Taurean Thompson (so), O'Shae Brissett (fr)
C: Pascal Chukwa (r-jr), Bourama Sibide (fr)

A few things jump out at me:
1) we don't have any seniors. I can't remember the last time that happened. A direct result of the NCAA penalties.
2) we're super thin (physically thin) down low. We don't have any bruisers in the paint. Hopefully Sibide bulks up a little and comes ready to play. TT absolutely needs to add 15lbs of muscle for next year.
3) we're back to a weak shooting team other than Battle and Lydon. Hopefully Moyer surprises with his shooting
4) defense still a concern, especially in the low post. Really need Chukwa and Sibide to control the paint
5) if we're going to add another recruit it needs to be a shooting guard. Need to have another outside threat and give Battle some support. Fortunately the 5th year grad transfer pool is typically stocked with shooting guards.

No way Lydon plays the 3 and don't see PC starting at center.
Not intended to be a "who starts" thread.

SF and PF are basically interchangeable in our system.

One of our problems this year is Lydon was playing out of position when he moved to center.

it's march. next years starting line up is still jumbled up in the scrabble bag of fate.

(was going to go yahtzee cup there but a least you'd know the number of dice you're rolling out)

This is not intended to be a "who is going to start" post, merely a listing of our current roster and recruits. If a player has eligibility they are listed:

1) we don't have any seniors. I can't remember the last time that happened. A direct result of the NCAA penalties.
2) we're super thin (physically thin) down low. We don't have any bruisers in the paint. Hopefully Sibide bulks up a little and comes ready to play. TT absolutely needs to add 15lbs of muscle for next year.
3) we're back to a weak shooting team other than Battle and Lydon. Hopefully Moyer surprises with his shooting
4) defense still a concern, especially in the low post. Really need Chukwa and Sibide to control the paint
5) if we're going to add another recruit it needs to be a shooting guard. Need to have another outside threat and give Battle some support. Fortunately the 5th year grad transfer pool is typically stocked with shooting guards.
That's a young team. Better hope there's a Andrew White graduate out there. Did anybody else notice how Thompson was ordering everybody around today?

We need to find a sf on the transfer market who can score and handle the ball. Lydon will plays the 4 if he's here, Thompson the 5. Paschal didn't show much this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he's passed by Sidibe.

Moyer feels like the forgotten guy out there. Did anybody see him in practice to give some insight on how much he can bring to the table next year? We were all super high on him when he committed.

That's a young team. Better hope there's a Andrew White graduate out there. Did anybody else notice how Thompson was ordering everybody around today?
Good. We need some alpha males out there.

Overall I am optimistic with or without Lydon. We have scorers in TT and Battle. Hopefully PC can actually protect the rim next year.

I think we really need either Howard to step up or get a PG to fit the system. Gillon didn't fit the zone scheme at all.

Oh my head...

Moyer feels like the forgotten guy out there. Did anybody see him in practice to give some insight on how much he can bring to the table next year? We were all super high on him when he committed.
Can he shoot? You can't play modern basketball with forwards who can't shoot.

Now look at it if TL, TB and FH all decide to leave. Take some petobismo before you do.