Class of 2016 - NEXT!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 NEXT!!!!!

Flacusian

All Conference
Ok, picking up Gillon is fantastic and I'm very excited about it. BUT... (anytime you see "BUT" the following content is arguable) I'm ready for another commitment from the players we've been working so hard on for such an extended period of time. I also feel like some of the of the other posters here that it seems like some of these kids are waiting for the BBD (Bigger,better deal) from some other schools rather than pull the trigger on their SU commitment.

I don't know about everyone else... but I'm ready to find out which of these kids is serious about being ORANGE. For those that don't get on board... they are going to miss out on a chance to be on a National Championship team. Jimmy B means business this coming year.

LGO

Last edited:
image.png

Malachi's gone unfortunately even though he shouldn't be

thought he would come back

he's gone so it's Mike Bibby time

It's not Mali's decision. It's the NBA's. Let's see if they want Mali in the first found.

WHERE he gets drafted is the NBA's decision.
IF he remains in the draft, is entirely up to Mali.

And Mali's decision comes first.
So - it IS up to him whether to make himself available for the draft beyond the deadline.
What happens after that, still doesn't change what is then an irrevocable decision.

He's getting mix feedback from different sources. Some says 1st round say 2nd, and he won't go unless its a guarantee 1st round.

WHERE he gets drafted is the NBA's decision.
IF he remains in the draft, is entirely up to Mali.

And Mali's decision comes first.
So - it IS up to him whether to make himself available for the draft beyond the deadline.
What happens after that, still doesn't change what is then an irrevocable decision.
If you don't think that Mali's decision will come from the feedback that he gets from the NBA guys, I disagree. If they tell Mali that he will not be taken in the first round, he comes back. If they tell him he will go 20 to 25, he leaves.

If you don't think that Mali's decision will come from the feedback that he gets from the NBA guys, I disagree. If they tell Mali that he will not be taken in the first round, he comes back. If they tell him he will go 20 to 25, he leaves.
Donte Greene was told he would be picked in the lottery and ended up going 28. Unfortunately, unless you're a top 10 lock kind of guy, it's really a crapshoot. All it takes is 1 team to love you, but if 1 team doesn't love and you aren't sure fire top 10 guy, you could go anywhere

Exactly but if he has a decent opportunity to leave he's gone

Well, here's my take on Mal... he can and should do whatever he feels he needs/ wants to do, that being said what I am going to state next is purely my opinion based on being a rabid Orange fan for over 40 years

If he returns to Syracuse next year he becomes one of the most focused on players in the Nation and will be a key component on a team that would figure to be very, very, good next season ... a top 10 if not top 5 team that will certainly have as an attainable goal... a run for a National Title. His draft stock would soar and he would likely be one of the top lotto picks next year.

And... he would enjoy the camaraderie of his Syracuse team and be the poster boy for a Nation of Orange Basketball fans who 34,000 strong would be hooting and hollering his name when we play some of our key matchups next year against legacy rivals like Georgetown and Uconn. He would have a chance to have his name be long remembered among other greats who have contributed to the program.

I want him to come back... but I will be behind him 100% regardless of what decision he makes.

He will go late second round - he will definitely be the second 2G from Cuse picked - personally think G could go much higher than expected if he wasnt nearly 24 - Kwahi Leonard is 24

Hard to tell someone to pass up a minimum of $1.5 million plus, if they go in the first round. Problem, of course, is that it is a crap shoot. In all likelihood the upside is roughly double and the downside is probably less than 50%. Really a tough decision money-wise.

I think G could make a very serviceable off the bench guard in the NBA. I'm hoping he gets his chance and I'd bet that he is a late 2nd round pick.

I don't get how people think hes def gone, what if he doesn't have a good combine, and teams tell him hes a 2nd round pick at best, if he still going to keep his name in the draft, would be really stupid to do that.

I don't get how people think hes def gone, what if he doesn't have a good combine, and teams tell him hes a 2nd round pick at best, if he still going to keep his name in the draft, would be really stupid to do that.
I really hope he comes back but I put my money on the fact he wants $ NOW!Another big man and Malachi returning would seal ethereal for a March 2017 FF championship game. Thats my take with the returning players and new kids in town.Jimmy would have a formidable front court with a serviceable back court. Maybe Coleman could be that back up front court player. He made IMO some impressive progress last year He still can't catch low passes thrown or bounced to him but thats just practice by those involved.

FWIW, Coach Boeheim was flying out of Syracuse this morning. Saw him at the airport in his Syracuse gear. So hopefully he's heading out to seal the deal with someone.
Does he wear anything but Syracuse gear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom