NFL 2018 Draft | Syracusefan.com

NFL 2018 Draft

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
darnold has been done for a week and a half, he’s got a week and a half to declare.

IMO: He’s staying...

He isn’t ready for the NFL but why develop for free in a collision sport you can get hurt in any play.
Darnold will declare.

My guess is his heart wants to stay, but everyone else is telling him to go.

His USC OL was swiss cheese. He cannot go back and take that type of risk.

He's only 20. Doesn't turn 21 until June. He can easily sit for a year behind Eli before taking over.

If I'm CLE, I'm telling Rosen to deal with it.

Dungey for heisman

He isn’t ready for the NFL but why develop for free in a collision sport you can get hurt in any play.
Darnold will declare.
Because it’s Southern Cal, I’m sure Leinart is glad stayed the extra year.

I won’t believe it till I see it.

I've never understood the "isn't ready" thing. Do you think he'll do better learning behind Eli or taking five classes and being at USC with Clay Helton?

Leinart cost himself a lot of money.
I bet he regrets it as he flames out.
Alex Smith in 2005 signed a contract that Leinart would have gotten.
6 years 49.5 million guaranteed for Alex Smith when Leinart went back to USC
No. 1 pick Smith signs $49.5M deal with 49ers

Leinart went 10th the following year instead of 1st.
14.5 million guaranteed.
Leinart agrees to Cardinals contract

Darnold isn’t getting paid at USC plus Leinart was coming back to a loaded team. Darnold should declare and like Rosen avoid Cleveland.

I've never understood the "isn't ready" thing. Do you think he'll do better learning behind Eli or taking five classes and being at USC with Clay Helton?
Getting paid to develop or be stuck playing for a USC team that isn’t loaded.
He should be gone.
One less year of income when your going to go top 5 is just stupid to stay.

Getting paid to develop or be stuck playing for a USC team that isn’t loaded.
He should be gone.
One less year of income when your going to go top 5 is just stupid to stay.

Agreed. I think we are all in agreement (you, me, UEO). He can't pass this situation up. Heck, he's young enough where he can sit for two years behind Eli and it's fine.

Darnold will declare.
I think playing a USC for SoCal QBs is a dream come true and I don't think they see it as a burden. Also from everything I've read about Darnold, I don't think making the NFL is the end all, be all. I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck around.

I think playing a USC for SoCal QBs is a dream come true and I don't think they see it as a burden. Also from everything I've read about Darnold, I don't think making the NFL is the end all, be all. I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck around.
Playing at USC is nice but it isn’t the same as getting paid 6+ million dollars to play football next year.

If the school was paying to him to play of course you stay.

The trend is to play your top pick QB, but Allen, Mayfield and Darnold all seem to have a label of sit for a year.

And if they are going to do that? Then why not Webb?? The fact he was drafted by Reese tells me no, but he was in at 630 and left at 8pm everyday...he at least gets tht part.

2017 NFL Draft Profile: Davis Webb

The trend is to play your top pick QB, but Allen, Mayfield and Darnold all seem to have a label of sit for a year.

And if they are going to do that? Then why not Webb?? The fact he was drafted by Reese tells me no, but he was in at 630 and left at 8pm everyday...he at least gets tht part.

Draft another QB and let them battle it out in practice while waiting on Eli. There is nothing wrong with hedging your bets. If one ends up as a 10-year quality starter, it's worth it. It's the most important position in sports. I was never high on Webb, personally. I thought it was a flat-out wasted pick.

True, if I were Browns I would draft their Qb, sit him for a year and see if Kaiser gets any better next year as they continue to build infrastructure. I get playing rookie QB's but I just don't see giving up on a rookie Qb after 1 year, they can get better. A ton of good NFL Qbs sucked as rookies and many never played as rookies either

I know a scout of the Panthers and he told me Baker Mayfield cost himself a lot of money in the Rose Bowl.
He said that Mayfield not adjusting from Georgia playing zone in the first half to man to man single high safety in the second half hurt him a lot.
The NFL scouts will dissect that second half a lot.
I personally liked Mayfield but hearing this from someone who knows Xs and Os tells me Mayfield may not be the best QB prospect.

Leinart cost himself a lot of money.
I bet he regrets it as he flames out.
Alex Smith in 2005 signed a contract that Leinart would have gotten.
6 years 49.5 million guaranteed for Alex Smith when Leinart went back to USC
No. 1 pick Smith signs $49.5M deal with 49ers

Leinart went 10th the following year instead of 1st.
14.5 million guaranteed.
Leinart agrees to Cardinals contract

Darnold isn’t getting paid at USC plus Leinart was coming back to a loaded team. Darnold should declare and like Rosen avoid Cleveland.

I think Barkley cost himself a ton of $$ as well if I remember correctly.

I know a scout of the Panthers and he told me Baker Mayfield cost himself a lot of money in the Rose Bowl.
He said that Mayfield not adjusting from Georgia playing zone in the first half to man to man single high safety in the second half hurt him a lot.
The NFL scouts will dissect that second half a lot.
I personally liked Mayfield but hearing this from someone who knows Xs and Os tells me Mayfield may not be the best QB prospect.
My fear is they all go to the combine and the all end up sucking.

If so, give me Barkley and if someone is still sitting there in the 20s, move the 2nd and 4th for him.

I would love to see the Cowboys get their hands on Christian Wilkens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom