nfl sucks | Syracusefan.com

nfl sucks

almost as much as this software

• almost as bad as this software

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Absolutely the dumbest rule. So a play can't be challenged on a play that will be reviewed anyway? What?!?!?!

Absolutely the dumbest rule. So a play can't be challenged on a play that will be reviewed anyway? What?!?!?!
By far the dumbest rule I have seen.

Reguardless, what a game!! The texas and Lions have both had multiple opportunities and blown it. So many big plays made and just missed!! So much heart on thanksgiving!

Common sense is to know that it will get reviewed anyways and to not throw your flag.

LOL!!! To have that rule even implemented is a ing joke again where is the common sense?

actually , i have seen several times a coach throw the flag and have it picked up because the ref tells him it cant be reviewed or it will be reviewed for some other reason.

when the refs blow the call for multiple reasons there is also a rule that the refs can enforce a call outside the rule book. that the rule allows a call to be made that poorly and punish a team is just stupid. what does the rule do, why is there even a rule?

The idea of replay it to get it right. . . . . . . Well that wan't right. He was down and the refs missed it.

Yeah, its a really stupid rule but those are the rules that the coaches are aware of and it was his fault for throwing the flag knowing the consequences of the 'illegal' challenge to the play. It was a brain fart on Swartz to do it.

However, it is a horrible, I mean HORRIBLE rule. If the call is wrong then review it, a technicality shouldn't prevent a review of the play. Nonetheless, the refs have to call it as its written and agreed upon by the NFL. Needs to change and I expect it will.

It was dumb of the coach to throw the flag.
Absolutely. Regardless of how stupid a rule is, it's a rule until it is changed. Head coach has to know that. Has to.

Ridiculous rule. What amazes me, and has since I met my first bookie 40 years ago, is how incredibly spot-on the oddsmakers in football, basketball, you name it, so often seem to be; Houston was layin' 3 1/2 points -- at least, that's the bet my buddy took -- and they won by 3. How do they do it?

there is also a rule that says the refs can fix egregious errors. how does missing a runner being down by 3 different rules not qualify.

Walt Coleman is used to enforcing ridiculous rules

images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom