NFL | Syracusefan.com

NFL

Cuse4Life

Walk On
How are you guys pissed at Doug for taking the job. Its the NFL! The pinnacle of football and the ultimate goal of coaches and players. He said Cuse was his dream job and I dont doubt him but when you can get paid 3x as much money, not have to deal with 16, 17, 18-22 yr olds and you have all the time in the world to put together a team through free agency, you make that move.

Any of who are going to root for Doug are just idiotic because you think you need to hate him. Trust me, the better he does, the better for our university that he was apart of us for 4 yrs and now is dominating in the NFL.

Dont alienate people, it never does any good for anyone!

wow - here's a good and timely new thread that hasn't been discussed on this board at all :bat:

for the bazillionth time - people aren't pissed that he left for the NFL - they are pissed at the way he left and the way he has filled out his new NFL staff

I feel like people arent as mad at Doug leaving as they are that he claims to want the best for "his guys" and the team, yet strips the coaching staff top to bottom. Oh and I hope he fails miserably...want to know why? He doesnt coach Syracuse anymore, and he coaches somoen in my favorite teams division. that simple. Doug showed little loyalty to the program on his way out, which is perfectly fine in my mind, but this notion that we should hope for his success is asinine.

for the bazillionth time - people aren't pissed that he left for the NFL - they are pissed at the way he left and the way he has filled out his new NFL staff

This...
Doesn't bother me that he left. It bothers me that he firebombed the football program on his way out by taking the ENTIRE staff including the S&C coach and recruiting coordinator for NYC.

As a self proclaimed alumnus that "loves" the university, this was a supremely petty thing to do.

How are you guys pissed at Doug for taking the job. Its the NFL! The pinnacle of football and the ultimate goal of coaches and players. He said Cuse was his dream job and I dont doubt him but when you can get paid 3x as much money, not have to deal with 16, 17, 18-22 yr olds and you have all the time in the world to put together a team through free agency, you make that move.

Any of who are going to root for Doug are just idiotic because you think you need to hate him. Trust me, the better he does, the better for our university that he was apart of us for 4 yrs and now is dominating in the NFL.

What is this, two weeks ago?

Doug taking Luther finally got a YGBFKM out of me yesterday. As others have said, couldn't he have taken some of FSU or Clemson's staff? Create some uncertainty there?

I'd hate to see what Doug would do to SU Football if he didn't love it as much as he claims to. If I were a friend of Doug's, I'd never leave him alone with my wife.

Anyway, moving on. I hope.

This...
Doesn't bother me that he left. It bothers me that he firebombed the football program on his way out by taking the ENTIRE staff including the S&C coach and recruiting coordinator for NYC.

As a self proclaimed alumnus that "loves" the university, this was a supremely petty thing to do.
Plus, there's no way Floyd Little made the statement to ZA re: Hack staying without Morrone misleading SU. I think the pro players will see thru his act pretty quickly. The guy has zero credibility the way he left.

[quote="Cuse4Life, post:
Any of who are going to root for Doug are just idiotic because you think you need to hate him.[/quote]

Samuel L. Jackson has a great response to this sentence in Pulp Fiction.

Could care less about this issue anymore. However, I seriously doubt he got anything like 3 times the compensation. He was reported to have a $1.2 million deal before his last bump, which probably took him to maybe 1.6 to 1.8.

According to nflsalaries.com:
"Most coaches make between 2 and 4 million dollars, while there are 7 who make more than four million and five who make less than two million. Based on these figures, 20 coaches make an 'average' salary, and 12 coaches that are in the low or high end. What is the average salary of an NFL coach? The answer is technically $3,226,563 but realistically, between two and four million."
As a rookie NFL coach he probably is closer to the $2 million level.
All in all, our Dougie wanted out real badly.

Scott Shafer is our new HC and has put together a staff that looks pretty darn impressive so far. I would like to hear your opinion on this.

We have numerous past threads dealing with the Marrone exit and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Time to turn the page.

Doug Marrone is the past. Those who live in the past can never move forward towards the future...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom