Nice article on Dion Waiters about finally starting to mature... | Syracusefan.com

Nice article on Dion Waiters about finally starting to mature...

Great to see. Dion always had as much talent as anybody, we just had to hope he would eventually get his head on straight; and it sounds like he has.

Dion and Jarrett Jack formed the most dominating backcourt I've ever seen against the Knicks the other night.

Good, I hope he keeps moving in the right direction. It can't just be something he does for a while. He has to always keep himself accountable and allow others to do the same. If he can do that, his talent will take over, and he'll lead through example.

Wait...I thought he grew up after his freshman year.
Wasn't that the party line...how he listened to Jim Boeheim and was ok with coming off the bench?

Last time I checked, Dion was a good trooper his sophomore year, and didn't gripe about playing time on a team that went 34-3. Do you dispute any of that?

He left school as a sophomore, and should be a college senior this year. Heaven forbid he doesn't have everything figured out and wasn't comporting himself at all times like someone with more life experience.

"Party line" Oh Lord

Last time I checked, Dion was a good trooper his sophomore year, and didn't gripe about playing time on a team that went 34-3. Do you dispute any of that?

He left school as a sophomore, and should be a college senior this year. Heaven forbid he doesn't have everything figured out and wasn't comporting himself at all times like someone with more life experience.

"Party line" Oh Lord

Logic isnt allowed. It makes too much sense to think that way...

Wait...I thought he grew up after his freshman year.
Wasn't that the party line...how he listened to Jim Boeheim and was ok with coming off the bench?
WTB.jpg

I have to believe a lot of his prior "issues" were blown way out or proportion. I know of a personal story from after he graduated Syracuse that would really put a lot of this in perception. While he may have had a couple run-ins involving basketball i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was due to his competitiveness. From what I have seen, and heard first hand he is a very caring guy, and is just the representative Syracuse would like to have.

Game winning shot at the buzzer for Waiters tonight!

The way his teammates were celebrating and clustered around Dion didn't make it seem like there's chemistry problems [I know that tonight was a big win in terms of getting them closer to the playoffs, but still].

I have to believe a lot of his prior "issues" were blown way out or proportion. I know of a personal story from after he graduated Syracuse that would really put a lot of this in perception.

After he "graduated" Syracuse, huh?

The way his teammates were celebrating and clustered around Dion didn't make it seem like there's chemistry problems [I know that tonight was a big win in terms of getting them closer to the playoffs, but still].
Noticed that too.
That just didn't look like someone that's "hated" by his teammates- and in fact, we've never heard of a scenario where Dion DIDN'T get along with other players.
He usually has issues w/ authority and thats where the maturity comes in. Good for him!

Did you guys see how all the Cavs were trying to attack each other after the shot because they all hate each other so much?
— Andrew Schnitkey (@RockWFNY)

And Kyrie was one of the first ones out there