nice comeback and then gift | Syracusefan.com

nice comeback and then gift

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
I dont want to hear about youth and being freshman, blah blah blah, these guys play 1000 AAU games , you dont need much experience to know not to just hand the ball over to michigan about 10 times in the last 10 minutes

I dont want to hear about youth and being freshman, blah blah blah, these guys play 1000 AAU games , you dont need much experience to know not to just hand the ball over to michigan about 10 times in the last 10 minutes

That was what made Ennis so good as a freshman. He was great under pressure. Most normal freshman are not and we witnessed that tonight. Like it or not, that is pretty much what can be expect going forward until these guys develop some confidence.

Its not like we are expecting joseph to go coast to coast and make a sweet behind the back dish to win the game...just dont dribble it off your foot.
just dont grab a rebound and toss it out of bounds with NO opponents in the picture. this team has all the makings of one of those that lacks basketball IQ, and that generally doesnt change much with experience...it is what it is.

Its not like we are expecting joseph to go coast to coast and make a sweet behind the back dish to win the game...just dont dribble it off your foot.
just dont grab a rebound and toss it out of bounds with NO opponents in the picture. this team has all the makings of one of those that lacks basketball IQ, and that generally doesnt change much with experience...it is what it is.
Steve... that's a bit harsh. JB obviously decided to go with KJ in those closing minutes because he is going to be our point guard for the near forseeable future. The kid needs to play and experience the pressure... and hopefully learn from his mistakes. If you don't let him have a go of it he will NEVER be ready for the big game.

It's ok. We saw a ton of stuff to be encouraged about from this team tonight. Cooney... Silent G... MacCullough... they just didn't take care of the ball and that CAN BE FIXED>

NortheastOHSUfan said:
That was what made Ennis so good as a freshman. He was great under pressure. Most normal freshman are not and we witnessed that tonight. Like it or not, that is pretty much what can be expect going forward until these guys develop some confidence.

Ennis made a bad shot at the end last year that cost us the Dayton game.

It is called nerves. On the road playing a ranked squad. They are young guys fresh out of High School. They will learn from their mistakes. Only time will tell how their basketball IQs develop, and I think it is much too early to make such a call now.

There were a lot more issues that cost us the Dayton game than just that last bad shot. We could not shoot worth a crap that entire game.

Besides Ennis, we've had GMac, Edelin, and Flynn as guys who were legit as freshmen in the last decade plus and Triche really didn't make many mistakes though he had a Senior Rautins to help. I'd gotten used to good and poised freshman guards. Joseph is more freshman Jason Hart like at this point.

Funny - going coast to coast appeared to be his plan.

NortheastOHSUfan said:
There were a lot more issues that cost us the Dayton game than just that last bad shot. We could not shoot worth a crap that entire game.

There were a lot more issues tonight than Joseph's turnover that cost us the game.

My point is as good as Ennis was, he played poorly against Dayton. He was a freshman, too.

It is called nerves. On the road playing a ranked squad. They are young guys fresh out of High School. They will learn from their mistakes. Only time will tell how their basketball IQs develop, and I think it is much too early to make such a call now.

Not buying it. This isnt 1984. These kids have logged so many minutes and so many games by the time they enter college. Ill buy the fact that as Freshman they are at a strength disadvantage and their skills will improve, however BBall IQ is often solidified by the time they set foot on campus.

A bad shot beats no shot.

I wouldn't have been mad if Joseph had penetrated and missed, or pulled up and missed or made any kind of functional basketball play that didn't work out. But an outlet pass out of bounds(with NO DEFENDER anywhere) from McCullough, and then a dribble to nowhere for no reason and loose it off your foot is beyond bad.

Very tough one to swallow, but how can any team survive 19 turnovers? Good to see Cooney hit a few but then watch the absolutely stupid foul by Xmas in the first minute. I keep saying they are a young team but not seeing the improvements at this point. Yes, it is still early in the season and they did seem to grow from the loss to California but to have the game right there on a silver platter and throw it out of bounds then dribble off your foot. Good thing the refs let them play tonight or the bigs would have been gone quickly. Need to get better defense on the three point shots. They actually beat us in the end tonight.

I mean Michigan only had 7 I think and they are very young. The CMac pass to the Gbinjie/Kaleb cluster-. So unfortunate. Probably never happens again. Kaleb just dribbled into no man's land and lost it. I don't think he often knows where he is going on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom