Nice little stadium.... | Syracusefan.com

Nice little stadium....

Why isn't there any parking right next to the stadium? For heaven's sake, where will the poor people tailgate?

what do you mean the Dome is the best thing around

images

Impossible to compete with those schools.

Luckily, we don't.

Just win the ACC, then it's one game against them.

See what some brick work can do? The dome would look AMAZING if they simple spent some money sprucing up the exterior.

See what some brick work can do? The dome would look AMAZING if they simple spent some money sprucing up the exterior.

When they replaced the Dome roof I thought they should have had an orange one made. At night it would have looked so cool.

Sent using my Commodore 64

I don't think that we need brick, but that's my only beef with the dome. they do need to improve the exterior...and don't even get me started on Manley's exterior........

When they replaced the Dome roof I thought they should have had an orange one made. At night it would have looked so cool.

During the day it would look like you were inside an oven.

Some orange lights inside pointed upward would probably do the same thing. Agree with the poster above, though, who says the dome needs to be brighter on tv.

Why isn't there any parking right next to the stadium? For heaven's sake, where will the poor people tailgate?

The stadium is right on the edge of campus. parking across the way and then in the neighborhoods around campus. Tailgating is great there. There is a little that goes on across the street, which has a nice underpass to avoid chaos and then there is a large park area on the other side of the stadium where all the old Ags tailgate and party.

They also have a pretty good setup in the area immediately surrounding the stadium. Fan zone stuff.

Last year they opened their recently renovated baseball park. It is beautiful. Best college stadium in the nation, hands down. Best fans too.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27300&ATCLID=205377716

A&M also recently remodeled their student center... It is spectacular.

http://ourmsc.tamu.edu/

A&M is making moves. They are definitely the new "it" school. It will be interesting to see if they can keep the momentum going.

Missed the point entirely.

perhaps i did. it happens from time to time.

Sorry. Yup, me too. I guess what I should have said is, it looks like a great stadium. My point was that there are those on this board who think a stadium has to be an island in the middle of acres and acres of parking lots in order to maximize the tailgating experience. I am not one of them. The great part of that stadium looks like it is right in the campus.

Sorry. Yup, me too. I guess what I should have said is, it looks like a great stadium. My point was that there are those on this board who think a stadium has to be an island in the middle of acres and acres of parking lots in order to maximize the tailgating experience. I am not one of them. The great part of that stadium looks like it is right in the campus.

Is there something wrong with more parking around the stadium? Does that upset you that some people think more parking would help the gameday atmosphere?

Is there something wrong with more parking around the stadium? Does that upset you that some people think more parking would help the gameday atmosphere?

Doesn't upset me a bit. I just think the "atmosphere" of college sports is on college campuses, not at a stadium away from campus, surrounded by massive parking lots. The campus is the atmosphere I want.

Doesn't upset me a bit. I just think the "atmosphere" of college sports is on college campuses, not at a stadium away from campus, surrounded by massive parking lots. The campus is the atmosphere I want.

I think everyone would prefer to have it near the campus. If there is talk about a new stadium on south campus then its a pretty moot point to keep believing the stadium will be where its located now.

I think everyone would prefer to have it near the campus. If there is talk about a new stadium on south campus then its a pretty moot point to keep believing the stadium will be where its located now.
SU won't be building a new stadium for a LONG time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom