Nice NY Post Rak Article...... | Syracusefan.com

Nice NY Post Rak Article......

They never even mentioned his academic accomplishments, but it was still a good article.

The obvious question is whether Rak could have been this productive last year? Would be a good question to ask coach or to ask Rak.
Clearly, his basketball skills have improved year-over-year. But I think the big difference is in mental approach. As a Junior, he knew that there were other offensive options, at least early in the year. Coming into this season, he knew his offense would be needed. And his mental approach is, I would guess, much different (more aggressive).

So, while I think he probably could have been better utilized last season, I don't think that he was ready to dominate the way he has this year. Remember, he only averaged ~12 ppg as a senior in high school.

longtimefan said:
Clearly, his basketball skills have improved year-over-year. But I think the big difference is in mental approach. As a Junior, he knew that there were other offensive options, at least early in the year. Coming into this season, he knew his offense would be needed. And his mental approach is, I would guess, much different (more aggressive). So, while I think he probably could have been better utilized last season, I don't think that he was ready to dominate the way he has this year. Remember, he only averaged ~12 ppg as a senior in high school.

Agree. He's playing angry now. He always seemed a touch passive before. JAB would talk about his need to play with more emotion.

Rak is playing himself into the lottery. I said it!

:eek:

Nice article - thanks for linking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom