Nice Pick, Noel... | Syracusefan.com

Nice Pick, Noel...

mantonio

Starter
Nerlens missed a golden opportunity to help Syracuse win a National Title.

While his absence on the Orange might be harmful to us, Syracuse still has a shot at the Championship, while Noel will miss that shot with the Mildcats...

Who would dare challenge me on this assertion? ;)

I'm guessing they go 8-4 the rest of the way. That would put them at 21-10 for the regular season. They played a tough enough ooc with ND, Louisville, Maryland, Duke, Baylor. They are a shoe in to get into the tournament unless they completely fold down the stretch. I doubt if they win it though.

They are the one 8 (or 7) seed I'd really like to avoid.

Nerlens missed a golden opportunity to help Syracuse win a National Title.

While his absence on the Orange might be harmful to us, Syracuse still has a shot at the Championship, while Noel will miss that shot with the Mildcats...

Who would dare challenge me on this assertion? ;)
Get over it. He went where he wanted to go. He'll be fine.

I'm guessing they go 8-4 the rest of the way. That would put them at 21-10 for the regular season. They played a tough enough ooc with ND, Louisville, Maryland, Duke, Baylor. They are a shoe in to get into the tournament unless they completely fold down the stretch. I doubt if they win it though.

Don't they have to at least beat some of those teams? I know they did beat Md but they aren't even a top 50 team

If it was that,important to him, he'd,just stay in school. But he's going to get paid. Well he is thismyearmbut you know what I mean.

Don't they have to at least beat some of those teams? I know they did beat Md but they aren't even a top 50 team

You would think so huh? Not really though, you just have to play them. The selection committee rewards tough ooc schedules whether you win or lose.

I wasn't implying they would miss the Tourney, I was making the assertion they are just not good enough to go deep & have a chance for the title, while Syracuse is one of the top 10 teams that has that shot.

Their record against rpi top 70 is pure dog chit. They better prove something to someone if they want to make the tournament.

Their record against rpi top 70 is pure dog chit. They better prove something to someone if they want to make the tournament.

I think they could lose to Perkins school for the blind as long as they have a 20 win season they will be in. If Cuse played the same schedule with 20 wins they would be lucky to be part of the last 4 out.

I think they could lose to Perkins school for the blind as long as they have a 20 win season they will be in. If Cuse played the same schedule with 20 wins they would be lucky to be part of the last 4 out.
probably true.

The kid put himself in position to be a top-5 pick. No guarantee he would have received the PT to do so elsewhere.

It would of been a guarantee he would of started every game here. And as I sit here I am still bitter that he went to Kentucky. He really could of been the final piece to the puzzle this year.

It would of been a guarantee he would of started every game here. And as I sit here I am still bitter that he went to Kentucky. He really could of been the final piece to the puzzle this year.

We have nearly every position mastered, EXCEPT the place Nerlens would be occupying...

I think I speak for most people when I say:

Who gives a sh** about him at this point?

Seriously, can we let this crap go?

Maybe 3 more years. There were still posts about dude's name I forget who chose NC St. over Syracuse when he was a senior.

Ask Michigan how valuable banners are that have to be taken down. With SU's luck that kid was a NCAA violation waiting to happen.

Maybe 3 more years. There were still posts about dude's name I forget who chose NC St. over Syracuse when he was a senior.

You mean Julius Hodge?

I have a buddy that is a UK fan and I give him a hard time about them. I really hope they don't make the dance. I want the one and dones to stop, its killing college basketball.

I have a buddy that is a UK fan and I give him a hard time about them. I really hope they don't make the dance. I want the one and dones to stop, its killing college basketball.

I have a plan to curb the ONE & DONE crisis that does not involve mandates.

I think I speak for most people when I say:

Who gives a sh** about him at this point?

Seriously, can we let this crap go?

NO!! Marrone RUINED US.

Oh you're talking about Noel, well, awwwkward.

there's really only a few failed SU recruits who really really pissed me off. marbury,hodge and tobias harris jump immediatly to my mind. and i bitterly and avidly rooted against any success at all in their college stints.kentucky's nerlen noels just doesn't raise the rage and bile in me like the aforementioned. same with rudy gay altho he picked a conference rival. no real hate there. i suppose my greatest noel fear would be another jamaal magliore moment in the finals. had he picked the cuse who knows...