Nice Shafer Article on ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Nice Shafer Article on ESPN

shandeezy7

Living Legend
http://espn.go.com/college-football...am-job-syracuse-orange-coach-college-football

I love this quote: "At the end of the day," Shafer said, "we got 11 guys fighting with their 11 guys to take a dead pig with air in it a hundred yards one way or the other. And a lot of people think we're really smart because of it, or really dumb because of it."

Also, they interviewed RichRod for this story, and it's the first instance (at least that I can remember) where he takes some of the blame for the debacle that was Shafer's one season at Michigan.

Great last paragraph as well:

When Scott Shafer grew up, he never dreamed of Syracuse. It's a city without airs, where loyalty and hard work are prized. Syracuse is a lunch-pail place, and now its university has a lunch-pail coach.

Great last paragraph as well:

When Scott Shafer grew up, he never dreamed of Syracuse. It's a city without airs, where loyalty and hard work are prized. Syracuse is a lunch-pail place, and now its university has a lunch-pail coach.

Can we please rattle our lunch pails instead of our keys? Pleeeeeze?

Are they old-fashioned factory worker lunch pails? Or something like this?

il_fullxfull.229295316.jpg

I like that someone in the comments stated that Jennifer Love Hewitt approves of the article. Fess up, which one of you guys said that?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...am-job-syracuse-orange-coach-college-football

I love this quote: "At the end of the day," Shafer said, "we got 11 guys fighting with their 11 guys to take a dead pig with air in it a hundred yards one way or the other. And a lot of people think we're really smart because of it, or really dumb because of it."

Also, they interviewed RichRod for this story, and it's the first instance (at least that I can remember) where he takes some of the blame for the debacle that was Shafer's one season at Michigan.

Beat you by 2 hours :D

They neglected to mention that when the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for Scott Shafer.

Great article. When Shafter was hired at SU in 2009 I looked at his resume, and I couldn't understand why he left Stanford. Harbaugh seemed like a great coach to work for, and was doing a great job turning the Stanford program around. And Stanford is a beautiful place to boot. I wondered if Shafer and Harbaugh had butted heads or something.

I'm glad Shafer ended up at SU. And I can understand why Shafer was pulled to the Michigan job. As this article points out Shafer made a mistake going to Michigan that a lot of recruits make when they sign their LOI with a school for the wrong reasons.

Chuck Norris checks underneath his bed for Scott Shafer.

Scott Shafer checks under his bed for his lunch pail and hard nose. And flushes statistics down the toilet every night before he goes to bed.

Haha check again Faegan. I posted this at 10 a.m. Not that it really matters anyway, as long as everyone gets to see the nice pub Shafer and the cuse are getting from the WWL :)

How did I misread that? Or do you have database manipulation magic? Ha ha. Oops my bad.

How did I misread that? Or do you have database manipulation magic? Ha ha. Oops my bad.

Haha if I had those powers, I hope I'd use them for something more worthwhile!

How about everyone just yell and stomp their feet. Much more effective. Unless they allow me to bring in a cowbell.

needs-more-cowbell.jpg

The more I read about HCSS, the more me likey. :) Can't wait for the spring game! A return to normalcy.