Nice SU mention at today's Yankee game | Syracusefan.com

Nice SU mention at today's Yankee game

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Andruw Jones hit a 2 run game typing HR off the orange S in the Syracuse sign.

Ron Washington wanted it reviewed.

During the replay, Paul O'Neill said "if that Syracuse sign is in fair territory then it's a fair ball".

I look forward to the 5 additional NYC recruits giving their verbals this evening.

During the replay, Paul O'Neill said "if that Syracuse sign is in fair territory then it's a fair ball".

I look forward to the 5 additional NYC recruits giving their verbals this evening.

Everybody in Texas saw that sign today to. :)

What a waste of money.

What a waste of money.
not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Years ago, I think it was in Ebbits Field, there was a sign in the outfield for a clothing store and they ran a promotion that any ball player hitting the sign would be given a new suit. Of course that was a different era and the payscale for players was such that they had to get jobs in the off season to get by. Too bad the good Dr. didn't come up with an SU themed promotion for any batter hitting the SU sign. Perhaps a random seat would be chosen before the start of the game and the occupant would receive two season tickets for either the football or basketball team.

Years ago, I think it was in Ebbits Field, there was a sign in the outfield for a clothing store and they ran a promotion that any ball player hitting the sign would be given a new suit. Of course that was a different era and the payscale for players was such that they had to get jobs in the off season to get by. Too bad the good Dr. didn't come up with an SU themed promotion for any batter hitting the SU sign. Perhaps a random seat would be chosen before the start of the game and the occupant would receive two season tickets for either the football or basketball team.

Ebbets_Scoreboard.jpg

I don't care what effect that sign has on anything, I just think its cool as hell to see it on Yankee games and funny to watch the inevitable hand wringing in New Jersey.

Yeah, I'm almost anxiously awaiting Trolly McTroll's response to the thread. He spends more time here than any RRRUUUU boards.

I was at the game last night and it was great to see. I've seen it on tv, but it was cool to see in person. I must have missed RU's signage at the game. Nice to see AJ homer off of it today. It might make the highlight package on ESPN and/or MLB too.

I don't care what effect that sign has on anything, I just think its cool as hell to see it on Yankee games and funny to watch the inevitable hand wringing in New Jersey.

Yep

This event clearly shows the hierarchy of our boards and also is evidence why people don't post elsewhere but the two main boards.

I started a thread at 3:00 (and Georgetown still sucks) on the pro sports board 19 minutes before Chip started this one and 4 minutes before iommi started one on the basketball board but everyone jumped on this one.

That clearly shows that no one really frequents the pro sports board - either that or no one likes me.

Can't wait to see the billboard in person Saturday.

This event clearly shows the hierarchy of our boards and also is evidence why people don't post elsewhere but the two main boards.

I started a thread at 3:00 (and Georgetown still sucks) on the pro sports board 19 minutes before Chip started this one and 4 minutes before iommi started one on the basketball board but everyone jumped on this one.

That clearly shows that no one really frequents the pro sports board - either that or no one likes me.

Can't wait to see the billboard in person Saturday.

I hope it means that everyone likes me that much. Well, who cares really, because that's what I'm going to think anyway.

This is the only board I can tolerate, so I did check this board quick to see if it was on there. I forget that the other boards exist, they're all equally horrible for their own reasons (Hoops Board, Pro Board, Politics Board).

I hope it means that everyone likes me that much. Well, who cares really, because that's what I'm going to think anyway.

This is the only board I can tolerate, so I did check this board quick to see if it was on there. I forget that the other boards exist, they're all equally horrible for their own reasons (Hoops Board, Pro Board, Politics Board).
my criteria for posting pro stuff is this:

if my post is along the lines of 'if 1 more jackarse picks vick and iggs to win the NFC East and follows that up with an...i think romo and cowboys will finish 2nd and make the playoffs, while the Giants will finish 3rd at 8-8 or worse'...im going to bristol with a couple of eastons and just start swinging like fn crazy. id put it on the pro board.

if there was some Syracuse connection and I wanted an intelligent discussion about it...id put it on here.

if there was some Syracuse connection and I wanted it to dive into a discourse on who wore their socks the coolest when that player was at Syracuse...id put it on the hoop board.

:noidea: