Nick Resavy on the recruiting trail | Syracusefan.com

Nick Resavy on the recruiting trail

SWFLCUSE

All Conference
@AdamZagoria:
Ben Howland, Jeff Capel & Syracuse's Nick Resavy watching Troy Williams, Cat Barber, Rondae Jefferson, Davon Reed, etc.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342798311.000412.jpg

What did I miss? Did Nick land a coaching job?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

If I didn't know any better, Nick may have landed a grad assistant job. Can anyone confirm?

Just read the other thread. As a GA I didn't think you could recruit off campus. Wonder if he is just there for representation or if we got some type of waiver since JB and Hop are with team USA.

Just read the other thread. As a GA I didn't think you could recruit off campus. Wonder if he is just there for representation or if we got some type of waiver since JB and Hop are with team USA.

You can have 3 recruiters off campus (typically that includes head coach and 2 assistants). Our recruiting staff typically consists of JB, Hop, and Red but with Olympic stuff going on and JB and Hop being preoccupied we have to use other guys on the staff. Thus Gmac being out all summer and now Resavy out recruiting (or at least showing up w/ a SU shirt on ;)) as a GA.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your post thoroughly, but yes it's due to JB/Hop. I'm not sure if some kind of waiver is required or not, but we did same thing back in '08 when JB was doing Olympic stuff. I can't remember how involved Hop was then but I do know that Bernie was out on the trail and I thought I remember Gmac briefly being out sometime ago as a GA also but not sure if it was that time or not.

@PSBasketball
Schools can send 3 coaches on road. With Boeheim & Hop at Olympics, Resavy goes. @pwcommerce did Resavy receive a waiver to recruit as a GA?

They didn't really answer the question.

You can have 3 recruiters off campus (typically that includes head coach and 2 assistants). Our recruiting staff typically consists of JB, Hop, and Red but with Olympic stuff going on and JB and Hop being preoccupied we have to use other guys on the staff. Thus Gmac being out all summer and now Resavy out recruiting (or at least showing up w/ a SU shirt on ;)) as a GA.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your post thoroughly, but yes it's due to JB/Hop. I'm not sure if some kind of waiver is required or not, but we did same thing back in '08 when JB was doing Olympic stuff. I can't remember how involved Hop was then but I do know that Bernie was out on the trail and I thought I remember Gmac briefly being out sometime ago as a GA also but not sure if it was that time or not.

Who is this "Bernie" you speak of?