Nike | Syracusefan.com

Nike

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
Any word on uniform change or new color scheme from Nike as the Cuse enters the ACC?

I like the current uni's but several different styles are a big draw for recruits and many tradition rich programs like ND, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU and others change from current several games per year.

Would like to see a navy matte helmet with a big S, orange jersey's with CUSE on front and grey pants.

image.jpg

Don't think we'll see any changes besides whatever the planned special unis for the PSU game are.

Any word on uniform change or new color scheme from Nike as the Cuse enters the ACC?

I like the current uni's but several different styles are a big draw for recruits and many tradition rich programs like ND, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU and others change from current several games per year.

Would like to see a navy matte helmet with a big S, orange jersey's with CUSE on front and grey pants.

View attachment 2174
That's a sick helmet. Where did you get that image?

View attachment 2174

I would LOVE to see that helmet used.

Are the social unis really in play for psu... Thought we were doing that for USC last year to not avail... But def be would be awesome esp game gonna get a prime time spot

That helmet is very cool. I really like our current unis & getting them back close to the McNabb years, etc. The last thing they need to tweak are the facemasks...need to get them back to the navy color vs. the putrid grey.

In regards the hoops unis, same deal...get rid of the grey...and add the applicable school colors accordingly to the numbers...ugh!

That helmet is very cool. I really like our current unis & getting them back close to the McNabb years, etc. The last thing they need to tweak are the facemasks...need to get them back to the navy color vs. the putrid grey.

In regards the hoops unis, same deal...get rid of the grey...and add the applicable school colors accordingly to the numbers...ugh!

I like the grey facemasks. Call me old school. To me, they are very neutralizing. If you get too matchy matchy, things start to look forced.

I just pulled up an image search to compare. One positive reason to have grey ones is that (I believe) Clemson is always white facemasks and Viriginia is blue facemasks. We've got a lotta orange teams in the ACC, so that's a good thing. Florida and Illinois are also white.

One compromise that might be cool would be to have the grey facemasks with the white jerseys and the blue facemasks with the blue jerseys. I think the grey facemasks looks a lot better with the white jersey.

Anyway, it's Nike. You might not like some of the things they do, but at least we don't have to worry about an UA disaster. (I honestly don't know why UA is so popular. Seems like they just marketed the hell out of the younger folks and now they have some loyalty to UA.)

I like the grey facemasks. Call me old school. To me, they are very neutralizing. If you get too matchy matchy, things start to look forced.

I just pulled up an image search to compare. One positive reason to have grey ones is that (I believe) Clemson is always white facemasks and Viriginia is blue facemasks. We've got a lotta orange teams in the ACC, so that's a good thing. Florida and Illinois are also white.

One compromise that might be cool would be to have the grey facemasks with the white jerseys and the blue facemasks with the blue jerseys. I think the grey facemasks looks a lot better with the white jersey.

Anyway, it's Nike. You might not like some of the things they do, but at least we don't have to worry about an UA disaster. (I honestly don't know why UA is so popular. Seems like they just marketed the hell out of the younger folks and now they have some loyalty to UA.)

I'm glad SU is a Nike school vs. UA or Adidas for that matter. I just don't care for the grey. There really aren't too many schools with grey facemasks, unless they are schools that have grey (or some shade of) in their school colors, OSU, KSU, etc. It is purely a preference thing...I have a stronger dislike for the grey in our basketball unis than the grey facemasks though...

I'm glad SU is a Nike school vs. UA or Adidas for that matter. I just don't care for the grey. There really aren't too many schools with grey facemasks, unless they are schools that have grey (or some shade of) in their school colors, OSU, KSU, etc. It is purely a preference thing...I have a stronger dislike for the grey in our basketball unis than the grey facemasks though...

Michigan is hating Adidas (including me) - glad we're a Nike school too.

There really aren't too many schools with grey facemasks, unless they are schools that have grey (or some shade of) in their school colors, OSU, KSU, etc.

There are a lot of teams with grey facemasks. ND, Alabama, UCLA, A&M off the top of my head. Try to imagine USC without grey facemasks--it's just not the same.

In EA Sports NCAA Football Syracuse has an orange jersey top alternative with white pants. I realize we wear blue a lot, but last year in these neutral field games to the start the season both teams wore their home jerseys. NC State wore red and Tennessee wore orange and Auburn wore blue and Clemson wore orange if Syracuse and Penn State both wear home color jerseys we would have to wear orange as Penn State wears a similarly looking blue. Also if we are going to go back to the McNabb era uniforms give me these over the 1994 season one from above.
9k=

Also found this, while looking at uniforms, that I haven't seen before.

8372205620_d857be086b_o.gif

What's in style now are the flat colors and the metallics.
Flat orange doesn't look so good,
n30_orange.jpg

so I'd like to see them experiment with a metallic one:
quant-elec-orange.jpg

Yeah, I'm not a fan of flat helmets. My hope, and guess, is that we'll see something like the metallic helmet.

Orange jersey's please.
In theory I like Orange jerseys. But the all Orange unis bring back bad memories. I like what we have now. I don't see SU changing the helmets.

Going into t he ACC, it's important to be distinctive from the beginning. Can't let our orange (and blue) get confused with Virginia. Probably should just keep what we have and keep the SU look.

We shouldn't have to worry about UVA but hope the Cuse does something cool.

Home - Keep the same...maybe go orange jersey w/ white pants for a few games
Away - Orange or Blue helmet, white jersey, blue or grey pants
Both should have CUSE on front of jersey or maybe on blue helmet

Would love to work at Nike...

Negative on the Orange jersey / White pants look.

Too many bad Frank Maloney memories.

I'm late to the party here, when was it decided we will have alternate uniforms for PSU? I'm a unique uni guy. I would love to see that helmet used all year. Recruits would love it. Fans probably won't but they aren't the ones playing the game. Hopefully they give the kids something to talk about!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom