NIT | Syracusefan.com

NIT

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Just saw a sign among the Clemson crowd that said "Tigers Love NY". Wonder if both Clemson and Fla St being at MSG for the NIT might be changing some ACC minds about a NY tournament.

Cheriehoop said:
Just saw a sign among the Clemson crowd that said "Tigers Love NY". Wonder if both Clemson and Fla St being at MSG for the NIT might be changing some ACC minds about a NY tournament.

My sense tells me the tourney will be rotated for some time between the North and South. Something tells me the ACC southern schools won't be willing to give up tourneys in Carolina.

Save your Big East tourney memories.

It's too bad Clemson faltered down the stretch, but SMU has been a 2nd half team in this whole tourney. Think they win it all.

SMU was absolutely robbed. That team ABSOLUTELY belonged in the tournament.

My sense tells me the tourney will be rotated for some time between the North and South. Something tells me the ACC southern schools won't be willing to give up tourneys in Carolina.
2015 - Greensboro
2016 - DC
2017&18 - Brooklyn
2019 - Charlotte
2020 - Greensboro

Funny... We beat three of the four teams in the NIT semis.

2021-2031 MSG
That's not happening.

I suspect the Battle in New York in 2017 & 2018 will determine if MSG will be an option for 2021 & 2022. The head-to-head battle should be a KO (ACC semis vs. BE final) and make it clear which conference is king.

Long term I'd expect to see 2 out of 5 years in NY, 2 in NC and 1 in DC or Atlanta.

Looks like another bad night for the ACC.
Clemson blows a 12 point halftime lead and loses to SMU after having the lead for 35 minutes.
Minnesota blowing out FSU late first half.

Clemson and FSU aren't the problem; their fans have wanted the ACC tourney in New York since 'Cuse and Pitt were added. It's the NC schools, and possibly UVA, keeping the tourney in Greensboro. I'd rather see the ACC tournament in TWC Arena and preferably in rotation with MSG. The Greensboro Coliseum is just lifeless.

Wow, 82% ft shooter for Minnesota misses 2 with 6 seconds left and fsu ties it with a 3

Its been a pretty decent NIT this year. The 2 best reams (aside from FSU) made the finals. Should be a decent game.

Its been a pretty decent NIT this year. The 2 best reams (aside from FSU) made the finals. Should be a decent game.

I wonder if there has ever been a bigger differences in the ages of the coaches involved, 73-31, in any game much less a Championship game.

I wonder if there has ever been a bigger differences in the ages of the coaches involved, 73-31, in any game much less a Championship game.
Didn't realize that at all, that's funny. I think the elder gets the title tonight too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom