No ACC caliber guards | Syracusefan.com

No ACC caliber guards

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
SU's guards are just not good enough. They are as bad as I've seen at SU. They can't make plays on offense and on the break they are completely lost. The talent level being brought in is awful. They haven't recruited a guard since Ennis and we don't have anyone for next year either. We don't have a single player on this team that can shoot a 15 footer off the dribble or pull up on the break. Watching NC and Kentucky play really shows how bad we are. They better wake up because Eastern Michigan is pretty good. We are headed to the bottom third of the ACC. These guards can't improve enough to to make us competitive in the ACC. JB might not get enough wins this year to get to 1000 and I just ordered two t-shirts. Carolina is going to run us right off the court. I usually try to find the good in a team, but I don't see much to be encouraged about with this team. We've played 4 decent teams and have lost all four of them.

I do think in time Battle will be one, and a good one at that. Gillon and Howard have been underwhelming to say the least.

Battle went by someone and finished at the rim. Once. Once more than our other guards.

It's something. Hope to see more of that going forward.

Eric Devendorf, I miss you.

For better or worse, need Frank/Battle getting most of the minutes with regular infusions of Gillon

For better or worse, need Frank/Battle getting most of the minutes with regular infusions of Gillon

Frank...I just don't know with Frank. What is with him just throwing the ball away so much? Last year he had some turnovers but would often spark the offense with great passes and seemed to see the floor well. I have no idea what he's seeing this year. It's weird.

Gillon was at least getting to the basket and knocked a couple three's down today. Maybe he'll start to finish a little better, and maybe he'll start to drive and dish more. At least with him there's some maybe's to cling too.

I've got nothing with Howard right now. Completely baffled.

I've got nothing with Howard right now. Completely baffled.
oh I'm with you on that but I still feel that all things considered (i.e. defensive ability at the top of the zone) Frank still gives us a better shot than Gillon getting big minutes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom