No Carolina '16 vs '17 | Syracusefan.com

No Carolina '16 vs '17

20Plus

Couple thoughts on a team we play three times last year and the challenges that roster posed versus this year.

Obviously with players like Jackson,Meeks,Hicks, and Berry all back they are loaded. However without Page and Bryce Johnson it is no more difficult to handle. They were two major factors last year for us to handle. I don't think it'll be a tougher challenge than what we saw last year in Chapel Hill.

If we can force them into a alot of threes and they don't shoot a good percentage that would be a good development in tomorrow's game. I think the rebounding is a little bit less challenging off missed threes than if they pound it inside. The biggest consideration for this is inside is a higher percentage and drawing fouls.

I know their new freshman was in concussion protocol, If he was absent that would help tomorrow. If he plays, maybe we would assume he might be a little off based on practice routine disrupted.

With all that being said we are toast if

Berry and Jackson are hitting threes were dead.

And if Theo Pinson owns Andrew White that is a big concern to0.

I think Roberson and Lydon are ready to face this familiar foe. But from Battle, White, and Thompson two of those three most produce. Then One of our two pgs has to have a good game.

Do whatever you can to piss off Roberson before the game and pray to the old gods and the new that we come out guns a blazing.

I can't think of a harder game to win right now for this squad in the ACC.

Do whatever you can to piss off Roberson before the game and pray to the old gods and the new that we come out guns a blazing.

I can't think of a harder game to win right now for this squad in the ACC.
If Bradley is out and though Pinson is back he is still a little rusty we have a punchers chance

Me too but a good measuring stick. The fact that they handled Wisconsin easy is hard to swallow. Though we are improved since then!

They also lost at Georgia Tech scoring 62 points so anything is possible. We need to get good PG play. That's what holds us back. I think the rest of the guys are all starting to play really well. Just need to do it on the road.

They also lost at Georgia Tech scoring 62 points so anything is possible. We need to get good PG play. That's what holds us back. I think the rest of the guys are all starting to play really well. Just need to do it on the road.
Good pg play is a must. We need good decision making to limit unc transition. We also need all the guards to be super active in the zone. And even then unc might be too much for us inside. I just want us to look competitive and build confidence. They put up 96 on fla. state. Scary.

We need to play defense like we have in the last three games at the Dome. That and hit threes. Otherwise it will be over by halftime.

Th good thing is that this game is a freebie. Nobody will be favored in Chapel Hill this year so we really wouldn't be expected to win even if we were a Top 10 ranked team. If we do win it'll move us a gigantic step towards our goals.

My main concern is if UNC will be favored by enough to make the Cuse worth betting on, especially if one were to pretend to be objective.

this UNC team is a much better shooting team than those prior, they also take alot more 3's than they used to.

The post before mine made me stop and think awhile, imagining the current UNC team being a lot better at shooting the 3, compared to it's prior incarnation that lost the title match by a single shot.

The OP and the reload of talent begs me to ask another question. Kentucky's success is often explained away by unsubtantiated claims of paying new players. How do teams like UNC and Duke get players to stay even though they are heavily reloading on the regular? Conversely, why do Cuse players tend to leave like they auditioning for a role on the upcoming reboot of the Prison Break series?

Can it really be reduced to "the ncaa", and "JB finally leaving"?

The post before mine made me stop and think awhile, imagining the current UNC team being a lot better at shooting the 3, compared to it's prior incarnation that lost the title match by a single shot.

The OP and the reload of talent begs me to ask another question. Kentucky's success is often explained away by unsubtantiated claims of paying new players. How do teams like UNC and Duke get players to stay even though they are heavily reloading on the regular? Conversely, why do Cuse players tend to leave like they auditioning for a role on the upcoming reboot of the Prison Break series?

Can it really be reduced to "the ncaa", and "JB finally leaving"?
This is our main issue, well until this year when our staff didn't come through on the recruiting side.

Duke is on another level but UNC, Cuse and L'Ville all recruit on a somewhat similar tier. However, only one of those 3 teams continually loses players early to the draft.

I am not holding out much hope for a victory tonight. Simply too much interior size for NC. And unlike some bigs, they can play! If SU can keep it around the point spread I'll be fairly happy. Single digits and I'm very happy. Like someone said, we match up better against Notre Dame.

It's worth remembering that it was GTECH zone that held NC to 62 pts.

This is our main issue, well until this year when our staff didn't come through on the recruiting side.

Duke is on another level but UNC, Cuse and L'Ville all recruit on a somewhat similar tier. However, only one of those 3 teams continually loses players early to the draft.
Maybe the classwork is harder at Syracuse?

I am not holding out much hope for a victory tonight. Simply too much interior size for NC. And unlike some bigs, they can play! If SU can keep it around the point spread I'll be fairly happy. Single digits and I'm very happy. Like someone said, we match up better against Notre Dame.
Yeah I'm not sure why people would be more scared of ND - even this year. Brey has never quite figured out the 2-3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom