No depth = we struggle when one of Fair Grant Ennis are off | Syracusefan.com

No depth = we struggle when one of Fair Grant Ennis are off

Alsacs

Living Legend
Fair struggled tonight and Cooney gave us nothing again. Grant and Ennis(in the 2nd half) played well. Not developing a bunch has killed this team's margin for error. It sucks because we are one guard and one forward short but JB would give a passive aggressive comment if he was asked that.

Fair struggled tonight and Cooney gave us nothing again. Grant and Ennis(in the 2nd half) played well. Not developing a bunch has killed this team's margin for error. It sucks because we are one guard and one forward short but JB would give a passive aggressive comment if he was asked that.
the problem is, what makes you think the guys on the bench are any good? Certainly not when they did play. Not once did I see Roberson in the game and think, boy we need more of that.

the problem is, what makes you think the guys on the bench are any good? Certainly not when they did play. Not once did I see Roberson in the game and think, boy we need more of that.
I guess you have no faith in the coaching staff to develop the talent we have instead of actually expecting the entire coaching staff to do their jobs. We have 8 players out of 13 JB wanted to use. One of them has been out for the season since January good job coaching staff now we play 7 of 12 scholarship players one of the seven Keita gives you no offense. Expecting the other 5 to be consistent each game is unreasonable. Lack of depth has killed this team when Cooney has sucked the last 7 games and Fair had his first bad game since the BC game.

I guess you have no faith in the coaching staff to develop the talent we have instead of actually expecting the entire coaching staff to do their jobs. We have 8 players out of 13 JB wanted to use. One of them has been out for the season since January good job coaching staff now we play 7 of 12 scholarship players one of the seven Keita gives you no offense. Expecting the other 5 to be consistent each game is unreasonable. Lack of depth has killed this team when Cooney has sucked the last 7 games and Fair had his first bad game since the BC game.
hmm I'm wondering where I said I have no faith in the coaching staff? You do that a lot. I am saying that there is a serious question about the talent level of the 3 sons. Think of it this way, none of these guys could beat out Cooney? They better be good. They will all play next year.

If none of the guys are the bench are good enough to play we really need to question our recruiting.

This year's class of frosh was really more about program talent (i.e. guys better after 2 or 3 years in program) as opposed to instant impact talent.

I don't care what type of bench a team has. Fair isn't sitting and he was the biggest issue from a shot making perspective.

The problem is that 4 of the freshmen recruited contributed zero this season. Our coach says they are not good enough to play. Well then the staff did a poor job recruiting despite what most seem to think. Then don't recruit 4 players who can't contribute. Only take 2 of them for future development and get two others who are higher level players that can contribute something should have been recruited instead. We have 3 SG's and only 1 of them can shoot...and that one has been in a slump for 6 weeks. We have no back up forwards.

hmm I'm wondering where I said I have no faith in the coaching staff? You do that a lot. I am saying that there is a serious question about the talent level of the 3 sons. Think of it this way, none of these guys could beat out Cooney? They better be good. They will all play next year.
I don't do anything all the time I can't help it when people who don't like my opinions and comment back to me strong nothing answers. Which cause me to come back strong. Your second response which I don't agree with is a legit opinion. Your first response was clearly you responding to me and my point. I post my opinion which fair and not ridiculous.

Last edited:
E
The problem is that 4 of the freshmen recruited contributed zero this season. Our coach says they are not good enough to play. Well then the staff did a poor job recruiting despite what most seem to think. Then don't recruit 4 players who can't contribute. Only take 2 of them for future development and get two others who are higher level players that can contribute something should have been recruited instead. We have 3 SG's and only 1 of them can shoot...and that one has been in a slump for 6 weeks. We have no back up forwards.
Ennis has contributed a lot. JB wasted the 13th scholarship on Nolan Hart when this team needed a 4th guard.

I don't do anything all the time I can't make who don't like my opinions and comment back to me strong nothing answers. Which cause me to come back strong. Your second response which I don't agree with is a legit opinion. Your first response was clearly you responding to me and my point. I post my opinion which fair and not ridiculous.
You do. And others have commented to me about it about you. Matters not to me but you should know. You also write more look at me posts than anyone else on this board. Go back and just read subject headlines and look at the ones you wrote. It's "I said or "others disagreed with me when I said" Or "I was right when I said... Now post what you want anyway you want. Matters not to me but yeah, you do that a lot.

E

Ennis has contributed a lot. JB wasted the 13th scholarship on Nolan Hart when this team needed a 4th guard.
I don't think it happened the way you think it did. JB wanted another guard. Couldn't find one that could play. Giving Hart the ship 1. rewards a kid that has worked hard in the program and 2 helps our apr. God knows that could really help. Oh, and his dad is big in AAU

Saying Fair struggled tonight is being very, very kind.

E

JB wasted the 13th scholarship on Nolan Hart when this team needed a 4th guard.
Ennis is the only one. The other 4 did not contribute. 1 of the 4 had to be red shirted. The other 3 sat on the pine after cupcake season. I think we agree.

You do. And others have commented to me about it about you. Matters not to me but you should know. You also write more look at me posts than anyone else on this board. Go back and just read subject headlines and look at the ones you wrote. It's "I said or "others disagreed with me when I said" Or "I was right when I said... Now post what you want anyway you want. Matters not to me but yeah, you do that a lot.
I honestly don't care what others tell you. Man what an arrogant post I mean wow. If I ever write or think to be popular rather than give my opinion or give a set of facts I would stop posting. Instead you basically admitted you responded to my post because I wrote it. My god my opinion may not be yours or anyone else's but it doesn't mean it not legit which is all that matters.

I actually think Roberson would have been a great defender and semi-decent offensive threat if he had been allowed to make a mistake without immediately being sent to the bench. He's shown serious glimpses on D.

I honestly don't care what others tell you. Man what an arrogant post I mean wow. If I ever write or think to be popular rather than give my opinion or give a set of facts I would stop posting. Instead you basically admitted you responded to my post because I wrote it. My god my opinion may not be yours or anyone else's but it doesn't mean it not legit which is all that matters.
I didn't say that at all. See, you are doing it again. You try and judge the motivation why someone disagrees with you. It isn't a matter of being popular. Or having any opinion. No one really cares what you or I think. You seem to take things very personal. You aren't that important. Neither am I or anyone else.

I didn't say that at all. See, you are doing it again. You try and judge the motivation why someone disagrees with you. It isn't a matter of being popular. Or having any opinion. No one really cares what you or I think. You seem to take things very personal. You aren't that important. Neither am I or anyone else.
Yeah I'm doing it again when you say others tell you their opinions of my posts. I responded I don't care. Read your first post you said what makes me think any of the bench could be better. I think it's pretty easy to expect improvement of the course of a season instead it appeared to me you were disagreeing with me because I gave my opinion.

Yeah I'm doing it again when you say others tell you their opinions of my posts. I responded I don't care. Read your first post you said what makes me think any of the bench could be better. I think it's pretty easy to expect improvement of the course of a season instead it appeared to me you were disagreeing with me because I gave my opinion.
I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was questioning whether those kids were any good. Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't. God, I hope they are. But disagreements are what this board is made for.

E

i can understand that move we needed it for our APR. Barton would have been perfect since he was a grad student

we have 2 freshman guards riding the pine though. how about developing them. this isn't a coincidence we always flame out late

i can understand that move we needed it for our APR. Barton would have been perfect since he was a grad student

we have 2 freshman guards riding the pine though. how about developing them. this isn't a coincidence we always flame out late
Always?

Alsacs said:
E Ennis has contributed a lot. JB wasted the 13th scholarship on Nolan Hart when this team needed a 4th guard.

How did he waste it? We tried to get another guard with experience and when we couldn't, he gave it to Hart.

Even if there was a question about the talent level - IMO it still comes back to the coaching staff. Did they just not recruit properly or are they not developing the talent they recruit? By all accounts this was a "solid" class. Yet we only play 1 out of the 4 freshman on a team with zero depth. This is an elite basketball program with supposedly elite talent - yet we basically play 2.5 guards. Shooting guard has been a serious issue, and yet there are possibly two guys we brought in that have had ZERO playing time (essentially) at that position all year. Something is broken.

Has little to do with depth and everything to do with a lack of guys who can score consistently. Our offensive game is just putrid this season and has gradually gotten worse as the season progressed. It's embarrassing how bad our shooting is, especially from deep. Pretty much every other good or great team has multiple guys that can knock down 3's. We have maybe 1.

Something we've seen the past few years, we need more scorers. Our defense has been better these past few seasons, but our offensive skills have deteriorated.

how many times have we started out undefeated, or in the top 5, and then lose 4 out of 5, or go in a February slump?
I don't know...but teams lose...how did we manage a final four last year, and the elite 8 a couple years ago?