No JB good or bad | Syracusefan.com

No JB good or bad

SBU72

All Conference
If one is to believe the Fox announcing team, if JB had been there the outcome would have been different. They said Hoppy did a good job but JB's experience would have made a difference. Now some posters here believe that Hoppy found a bench, that his extensive use of Coleman and Howard not only more but at crunch time was important. History says that JB may not have done the same. So which do you think is right. JB would have "found a way" to win with probably only 5 or 6 playing or Hoppy was "this close" to winning with what may have been a different strategy.

There could be a case made where JB told Hoppy do what he wants, work the length of the bench, its needed down the line.

If one is to believe the Fox announcing team, if JB had been there the outcome would have been different. They said Hoppy did a good job but JB's experience would have made a difference. Now some posters here believe that Hoppy found a bench, that his extensive use of Coleman and Howard not only more but at crunch time was important. History says that JB may not have done the same. So which do you think is right. JB would have "found a way" to win with probably only 5 or 6 playing or Hoppy was "this close" to winning with what may have been a different strategy.

There could be a case made where JB told Hoppy do what he wants, work the length of the bench, its needed down the line.

The last time we were in the Verizon Center, Georgetown beat us by like 30 with JB in charge. I honestly don't think it would have made a difference. We lost by 7 yesterday with Cooney and Richardson going 4/20 from the field. If they shoot 40% instead of 20%, we win.

Last edited:
I'm glad the announcers said that. The best thing about JB being out is that we may get a pass on a game we likely would have lost anyway. Come tourney time, it may take the sting out of this loss.

It will be good, in the longer run. Helps Hopkins to be a better coach, and yesterday, it seemed to have helped Coleman & Howard, and Roberson played one of his better games. JB might benefit from the R&R, and come back fresh and eager.

Our three frosh and Joseph need to get better; Coleman needs to figure some things out; Roberson needs to be good every time. No reason this can't happen with Hopkins, Autry and GMac.

It will be good, in the longer run. Helps Hopkins to be a better coach, and yesterday, it seemed to have helped Coleman & Howard, and Roberson played one of his better games. JB might benefit from the R&R, and come back fresh and eager.

Our three frosh and Joseph need to get better; Coleman needs to figure some things out; Roberson needs to be good every time. No reason this can't happen with Hopkins, Autry and GMac.
It certainly wasn't the NCAA's intention to help SU and JB. How ironic if sitting out gives JB some perspective, especially if Hop's longer bench works out. A NC would be the best revenge.

Having JB there "might have" made a difference, but I really don't think so myself. I like the use of the bench a little more, albeit that one game will not prove beneficial.

Ultimately good in the long run. Hop gets some experience. This will make the eventual transition easier.

I'm glad the announcers said that. The best thing about JB being out is that we may get a pass on a game we likely would have lost anyway. Come tourney time, it may take the sting out of this loss.
My thought is it will hard for the committee to look at the Hoya game as a "bad" loss no matter how they do (unless they lose more than they win), considering the circumstances'. Same for almost any lose from here until JB's return.

That is such an easy thing to say. It's impossible to disprove. Not having JB is of course is a disadvantage. He has been coaching the team since before I was born and Hop just coached his first game. I don't think there was anything that Hop did that can warrant you saying we would have won the game with JB. Saying that means you are saying Hop cost us the game.

The last time we were in the Verizon Center, Georgetown beat us by like 30 with JB in charge. I honestly don't think it would have made a difference. We lost by 7 yesterday with Cooney and Richardson going 4/20 from the field. If they shoot 40% instead of 20%, we win.
That Georgetown team was also in the top 10 and had a lottery pick. Not an apples to apples comparison. I agree I don't think Hop coaching cost us the game though. If we don't shoot we can't beat anybody...somebody said that earlier this year just can't remember who.

That is such an easy thing to say. It's impossible to disprove. Not having JB is of course is a disadvantage. He has been coaching the team since before I was born and Hop just coached his first game. I don't think there was anything that Hop did that can warrant you saying we would have won the game with JB. Saying that means you are saying Hop cost us the game.
Please do not attribute the statement "that JB would have found a way to win" to me!!!!! It was the Fox announcers!! There is no way that I would say such a thing. I am a supporter of coach but I don't think he wields any magic to over come the horrible shooting in the first half and to begin the 2nd half. If anything, I think it was terrific that Hoppy went with Coleman and Howard. If he continues to do so, I hope JB will use the experience gained during this stretch.

Please do not attribute the statement "that JB would have found a way to win" to me!!!!! It was the Fox announcers!! There is no way that I would say such a thing. I am a supporter of coach but I don't think he wields any magic to over come the horrible shooting in the first half and to begin the 2nd half. If anything, I think it was terrific that Hoppy went with Coleman and Howard. If he continues to do so, I hope JB will use the experience gained during this stretch.
I'm sorry I didn't mean you to think I was saying you said it. What I was saying is that it was easy of them to say it. I was complaining about the announcers saying it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom