No more excuses about depth, youth, inexperience, injuries | Syracusefan.com

No more excuses about depth, youth, inexperience, injuries

SoBristol

All Conference
Really great win on Friday.

And now we can forget about the excuses that were trotted out earlier in the season.

Our front line guys are healthy.
We have depth everywhere but the OL -- guys got experience while others were out with injuries.
OL hasn't needed depth. Even at RB, Smith and Moore have a few carries under their belts.
We never were all that young except at LB and now we are playing juniors (counting Spruill as he had a PG year; Vaughn, Diabate) or guys who play like they are (Davis, Lynch).

Most of all -- it is mid-season. We are in good shape for the run to come.

Its pretty clear we have a solid team when the team is healthy. The improved play against the pass with Chandler Jones's return is a great example (I am generally of the opinion that a solid pass rush is a much bigger reason for an effective pass defense than the DB play, although I will acknowledge our guys still have some room to improve as far as technique). But I think even Marrone would admit that he does not have the depth at all positions that he wants. We are getting there but he is not done yet.

It is nice to see this team make good jumps as the season progresses,especially after the Bye week.

Those issues aren't put completely to bed. If starters get nicked up again (the season is only have over) lack of depth and youth will become an issue again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom