Noah Eagle, SU student, doing a great job for ESPN tonight ... | Syracusefan.com

Noah Eagle, SU student, doing a great job for ESPN tonight ...

seeing a lot of this lately. started with joe and jack buck. family biz now.
It's not surprising a kid follows his or her dad into a business.

Noah is good.
You can hear him call games online on WAER.
For TV games I've tried turning down the TV sound to hear him do the PBP.
There's about a 30 second gap between the video and audio.
But if it's an ACC network TV crew then the sensory desynchronization can be a small price to pay.

He is entirely professional and knowledgable, working alongside analyst Matt Roe for the game being streamed on ESPN3. . I am seriously impressed by young Noah.
He's good. I've heard him a lot on WAER and he seemed polished from the start. I believe he would have been a successful broadcaster regardless of his name.

I think it started with all the Alberts. There are also the McDonoughs. (Two families who also have SU connections)
golics also.

He's good. I've heard him a lot on WAER and he seemed polished from the start. I believe he would have been a successful broadcaster regardless of his name.

No doubt about it, this young man is incredibly impressive and will be the next big time future media type churned out by SU. And, his old man will not be the main reason.

No doubt about it, this young man is incredibly impressive and will be the next big time future media type churned out by SU. And, his old man will not be the main reason.

Yeah. He’s good. Of course family lineage might put him on the map and get his foot in the door but it also increases the scrutiny 5x over. He’s a broadcasting Julian Lennon. I was expecting to be annoyed by him and haven’t.

I know what it’s like to be in Newhouse and have someone show up and have it made. I wasn’t personally in Newhouse but my buddies were all AER guys and I remember when Graham Bensinger rolled into Syracuse for a year after having interviewed OJ in high school and all of them were like What. It probably raised their game and made them better won’t name drop but most of the guys I’m talking about have their own shows and made it in the industry.

Thom Brennaman (Fox and Reds) and his father Marty ((Reds) who is also a baseball HOFer

Good for him, but holy nepotism.

I'm sure his path to success will be much easier based on his father's name and connections, but he's genuinely talented. Some of these college announcers sound like the "boom goes the dynamite" guy, but Noah sounds like he could be the next Dan Shulman.

I think I recently heard one of the big boys (either tirico or mcdonaugh) say that Noah was going to take their job someday. Or something to that effect. He’s a rising star.

I agree he has the chops, but he gets to start at 3rd base compared to an equally talented kid with no family connections that has to start from the bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom